Chair for work/gaming

Permabanned
So I work for around 9 hours a day and maybe game 2 hours a day possibly more. I have a chair at the moment which is sterdy and no issues, but it's about 20 years old and a freebie. I find when I game I dont lean back. I sit forward as if im typing, even when I'm using a remote.

I'm of the larger size (17 stone thunder thighs) so would want a chair slightly wider if possible.

Never looked beyond argos before so no idea what's good these days. Not over keen on the typical racing seat style but will have one if they're decent.

Associate
Noblechairs Hero great for larger users, especially for leg room with a nice flat wide base, racing bucket seats can feel way too constricted.

Has a nice tall back as well, prob need to be about 6ft 1 to be any taller than the chair back when sitting down, so most will be totally supported that way. Worked from home on mine full time over a year, been great. There's even been sales when Ltd edition clearance Heroes were only about the price of that Dyas chair too.

Associate
Can easily get a used fully loaded mirra2 / aeron for 350, so not really.

The only good quality ones that I was able to find were close to 600; there are definitely cheaper options if you’re willing to watch the classifieds, but with more people working from home now, that’s probably not feasible, plus the effort of seeing the chair to make sure it works - a lot of effort.

Associate
I was looking at Herman miller chaors too, but after reading and watching vids, i decided not to get one.

I often sit with 1 leg under the other and other positions while watching netflix etc, and apparently the HM chairs all have a hard edge at the front and so really hurt your leg unless your sat properly in the chair.

Its why im leaning towards a high end "gaming" chair from Secret labs or noble chairs. Ones with inbuilt lumbar support are key for me.

Associate
I was looking at Herman miller chaors too, but after reading and watching vids, i decided not to get one.

I often sit with 1 leg under the other and other positions while watching netflix etc, and apparently the HM chairs all have a hard edge at the front and so really hurt your leg unless your sat properly in the chair.

Its why im leaning towards a high end "gaming" chair from Secret labs or noble chairs. Ones with inbuilt lumbar support are key for me.

That was also a factor for me. I think the HM would be great at the office, but for gaming and general PC use, I’m very happy with the Hero.

Obviously now also using it more often while working from home and it’s perfectly comfortable and holds a good posture.

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm in exact same position as OP, I sit at home most days and have a crappy chair, and a crappy back - it's very possible the two are related. Recently been looking for a good chair, and found myself looking at the herman miller embody range.

Reading above about the hard edge tho, I do often find myself with legs crossed under the chair, so maybe a gaming chair would suit better?

How do you Hero owners find it for lumbar support?

Back
Top Bottom