Chair for work/gaming

Soldato
One thing to consider with any chair you're not happy with is additional cushioning. I'm not large or disabled, but my desk chair has a 3" thick memory foam cushion on it which is supposed to be for wheelchair users... ie very long term use. It made a *huge* difference to how comfortable my chair is for long periods of worki... ok, gaming and staring vacuously into the internet. It's just a cheapish chair from Staples, but I went to a store to try their range (several years ago) and picked the one which suited me best. But even that didn't feel great after a while. The cushion was about £20, but worth every penny.

Worst that happens is you end up with a cushion you'll eventually find a use for elsewhere.

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm in exact same position as OP, I sit at home most days and have a crappy chair, and a crappy back - it's very possible the two are related. Recently been looking for a good chair, and found myself looking at the herman miller embody range.

Reading above about the hard edge tho, I do often find myself with legs crossed under the chair, so maybe a gaming chair would suit better?

How do you Hero owners find it for lumbar support?

I personally never bonded with the hero.

Base far to firm was causing my legs and bum to go numb and the lumber support really needs to be adjustable up and down to find the ideal position.

Also started to creak and the right side bolster started to make a popping sound when leaning back.

Took it to the tip in the end lasted 16 months, bought a 2nd hand Steelcase amia and couldn't be happier.

Back
Top Bottom