Champions League Spoilers 7th/8th March

Associate
British teams in the last 8

Firstly I am SOOOOOOOO happy that Chelsea probably won't be there. They can buy the Premiership all they want but it will be a long time before they can buy the European Cup.

I think there will be two British teams in the next round - Arsenal and Liverpool.

Arsenal will get a hard fought draw against Real Madrid, and I think Liverpool will win by 2 clear goals.

As a Rangers fan I think we do have a chance, but a slim one. Villarreal's defence were very poor in the air at Ibrox and if we can get a couple of decent balls in the box on the head of big Kris Boyd we might sneak a goal. However I can't see our leaky defence keeping a clean sheet. I'm going to predict Villarreal 1-1 Rangers meaning we will go out on the away goals rule.

So in summary:

Barcelona 2 - 0 Chelsea (Barcelona through 4-1 Agg)
Liverpool 2 - 0 Benfica (Liverpool through 2-1 Agg)
Arsenal 0 - 0 Real Madrid (Arsenal through 1-0 Agg)
Villarreal 1-1 Rangers (Villarreal through on away goals rule)

Apologies if this clashed with an existing thread - there was nothing I could see on the first 2 pages.

Associate
OP
Why the negative posts about Rangers' chances? We were at least evenly matched with Villarreal at Ibrox. Apart from a couple of good chances in the first half they didn't look like scoring any more. They were very weak in the air and not too good defensively. I think Lovenkrands' pace and Buffel's masterful passing will open them up.

Associate
OP
big_white_dog84 said:
Firstly I am SOOOOOOOO happy that Chelsea probably won't be there. They can buy the Premiership all they want but it will be a long time before they can buy the European Cup.

I'm going to predict Villarreal 1-1 Rangers meaning we will go out on the away goals rule.

So in summary:
Barcelona 2 - 0 Chelsea (Barcelona through 4-1 Agg)
Villarreal 1-1 Rangers (Villarreal through on away goals rule)

Both went out as I predicted. I even got the Rangers result right. My flatmate had 210-1 for Rangers 2-0 with Lovenkrands to score first. Needless to say he was GUTTED when Villarreal scored.

Back
Top Bottom