Change my GPU

Associate
Looking into swapping out my AMD RadeonRX 5700 XT this is due to me constantly having green screen of death when playing warzone does anyone have any idea how I can stop this from happening any help would be greatly appreciated

Associate
OP
Sorry not the greatest with my pc but different drivers what do you mean by this? Also have no idea how I would underclock apologies

Associate
Sorry not the greatest with my pc but different drivers what do you mean by this? Also have no idea how I would underclock apologies
Go to the AMD website and go to their support section. Look for drivers and install the latest version.

For the underclocking, use MSI afterburner (free and an easy Google). Once installed, reduce the speeds of the VRAM and GPU core using the frequency slider.

Associate
OP
Ok so my drivers are up to date and the core clock speed is at 2100MHz is this far too higher and what should I ideally lower it to?

Associate
OP
So the green screen isn’t happening anymore however, when playing warzone my Gpu temp is reaching above 85 degrees having to lower my render resolution to 1280x720 which honestly looks terrible I just don’t know what more I can do now

Soldato
So the green screen isn’t happening anymore however, when playing warzone my Gpu temp is reaching above 85 degrees having to lower my render resolution to 1280x720 which honestly looks terrible I just don’t know what more I can do now
while 85 is not ideal it's within the operational temp limit, have you cleaned the card recently? I normally use a can of compressed air to blow the dust out from inside the cooler.

Associate
whilst you’re here, do a windows update and check your motherboards website for the latest drivers.

It’ll help prevent any future issues.

85 degrees is fine. Just check that you’re getting plenty of airflow in and out of your chassis.

Last edited:
Associate
So let me get this right. Your green screen issue has been fixed but now 2100mhz is to high for you and temps are at 85c max forcing you to lower your render res to cool it. Any reason you purchased this GPU if it's more than you need/want?

Soldato
5700XT is rated upto 110 degrees and pretty sure 85 degrees is about right depending on what model you have, undervolt it if anything, no point making things look like a potato. (Lots of guidance on YouTube for undervolting)

Caporegime
if your worried about heat install MSI Afterburner and power limit the card below 100% or set a temperature limit

Don't mess with the core voltage, core clock & memory clock unless you know what you're doing though.

but just setting the power limit lower is fine and will make your card less hot, but "may" effect performance or you might not notice any difference depending on the game.
you could also set a custom fan curve, the default is probably kinda reserved to be more quiet

85c is fine though unless it's making your room to warm in this weather

Back
Top Bottom