Change of Career / How easy to get into development?

Soldato
Has anyone completely changed career successfully?

I currently work using autocad and to a lesser extent inventor/revit (these are what i prefer more though)

i like working in CAD although my job is literally the most basic of basic when it comes to what CAD is all about. Id like to move jobs into something with more meat on the bones but without any qualifications (Building regs/structural engineering etc..) i dont think my CV stands out above the crowd (despite working in the field for the last 13 years)

i really like the ideas behind web development and from my little understanding and knowledge its something id really enjoy, how easy is this field to get into?

Associate
Web Development might not be the best option starting now. The tools are getting easier to use & many businesses are training these skills in house as a cost saving task.

On the flip side if you try it and love it, who cares, be happy.

Soldato
OP
Web Development might not be the best option starting now. The tools are getting easier to use & many businesses are training these skills in house as a cost saving task.

On the flip side if you try it and love it, who cares, be happy.

yeah i guess im quite late to the game, i do enjoy what i know at the moment, just doing things like codeacademy. i guess maybe just stick to doind it in my spare time and see what courses are on offer.

i think my main gripe is my current job has gone stale and every job i look at asks for qualificaitons which i havent got

Associate
I wouldn't say any career change is easy I still see lots of recruitment adds for looking for developers with skills in HTML, CSS, JS etc etc. If its something your passionate about I would get yourself on GitHub and start putting your work on there and contributing to open source projects.

Back
Top Bottom