Change recently used apps to vertical (card) type? Android 10

Caporegime
Just set up my new phone and I miss the vertical recently used apps.

Is this an option in nova or somewhere elsewhere?

Can't find it

Associate
Don't know what you've got 413x but if it's a Samsung, Good Lock has an app called Task Changer and I've just changed mine to vertical stack, looks ok too, think I'll keep it like that...

Caporegime
OP
Don't know what you've got 413x but if it's a Samsung, Good Lock has an app called Task Changer and I've just changed mine to vertical stack, looks ok too, think I'll keep it like that...

Yes Samsung.

I use nova launcher historically. I may have to look at switching

Associate
Good Lock really is a great bit of software if you love customisation.
I only use a bit of it really, Lock Star, Task Changer now, Clock Face and I used to use the Routines but I only use the Bixby routines now, they are very useful to me. This is my first Samsung (A50) and I'm really impressed with it, always use Microsoft Launcher with it though, been using it for years...

Soldato
Just set up my new phone and I miss the vertical recently used apps.

Is this an option in nova or somewhere elsewhere?

Can't find it
Unfortunately this is another completely counter intuitive change google has forced on us for no good reason! You're not the only one to be annoyed by it.

Caporegime
OP
Unfortunately this is another completely counter intuitive change google has forced on us for no good reason! You're not the only one to be annoyed by it.

It's unbelievably inefficient. Such a strange change.

I'd say overall the os hasn't gotten any better in features vs my s7. A few benefits, a few negatives.

Just like the hardware.

Phones certainly aren't progressing anymore in all areas

Associate
I think it's probably so that it aligns with the left and right swipe to switch between apps. Good Lock will sort it out for you though if you're on Samsung. Definitely worth downloading.

Back
Top Bottom