change wificard now computer wont boot 80% of attempts!

Associate
so, i was having a bluetooth driver issue and i thought ill update my wificard to one with bluetooth on it. So it turns out the bt side goes via usb anyway but i installed the prie card and connected the bluetooth header.

computer wont boot. seems to mostly get stuck on post code D5 which is cpu initialisation.

i remove the card. no change.

computer will not post and boot almost every try but.... eventally it will and once booted up it runs fine.

what the hell???? i dont have spare parts to be swapping out to test but i see no reason it should be having trouble then suddenly work fine until it next restarts.

help!!!

Man of Honour
computer will not post and boot almost every try but.... eventally it will and once booted up it runs fine.

what the hell???? i dont have spare parts to be swapping out to test but i see no reason it should be having trouble then suddenly work fine until it next restarts.

help!!!

This is more common than you might imagine, I can't recall the reasons exactly but it might be something to do with the voltage needed to POST.

Associate
OP
well it seems to now be okay, i took the card out, it was still doing it but this morning it booted first go. its times like this i hate computers

Associate
Could you have knocked something out of place when you made the change? Checking the RAM was properly seated would be my first thought.

Back
Top Bottom