Changing from a Focus

Nearly six grand for a 2010 318i SE, wow.
I love how the extra 5 minutes it would have taken to get photos of it not being parked in the middle of the road and dust that instrument cluster were not deemed worth the bother when trying to get almost 6 grand for an 11 year old 318i.
It is a shame you don't have the reg plate still. Probably on WBAC for £10k.

Seems like a waste of money to replace a car that you "absolutely love" that doesn't often get used, with a 10 year old car with relatively high tax and not much better MPG. Better the devil you know and all that.

Bah! It's been 4 years and I am still stuck with the same bloody car!
Covid , unemployment, divorce etc. really screwed me up.

Anyway,
which of these two is a better option?

2015 AUDI A3 Petrol - £7k
or
2017 Merc CLA220d Diesel - £10k

Both have 80k miles on the clock

When comparing insurance and road tax, you’re forgetting to adjust the far greater repair costs of an Audi and BMW compared to a Ford, your service costs, brake pads, everything will be far greater

When comparing insurance and road tax, you’re forgetting to adjust the far greater repair costs of an Audi and BMW compared to a Ford, your service costs, brake pads, everything will be far greater

This is true. Having been used to Ford prices for so long, you'll need to budget more for maintenance costs.

Anyway,

or

Well what sort of car do you need, a petrol hatchback or a diesel saloon?

Well what sort of car do you need, a petrol hatchback or a diesel saloon?
Hatchback or a saloon of a similar size.

I feel that I have reached the peak of my life at 40 and life will only go downhill from here. And, with the way the economy is, if I don't spend on a decentish car, I will never get round to doing it.

Anyway,

or

I'm confused, is the budget 7k or 10k? I can think of much more interesting cars to get with your 10k if you're still only doing 3 thousand miles a year!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom