Changing ISP on Monday but to who....

Soldato
Going to be changing ISP on Monday but not sure who to change to?

Currently paying £17.99 for 512kb with Timewarp. Willing to pay up to about £25 a month for a 2mb/8mb line with a cap of at least 30/40Gb

Preferably a 1 month contract unless they are going to be good in which case it'll be fine to have a 12 month contract. Going to be used a lot for gaming so decent pings and of course the usual downloading and such.

The exchange isn't LLU so just standard ADSL :)

What do you recommend?

BeatMaster :D

Soldato
The problem with the DG824M is that it has no diagnostics, no SNR readout or anything, which makes things difficult with Max.

Personally, I would recommend that you steer clear of Netgear stuff in the future, and go with something better...

Caporegime
BeatMaster said:
but wondering whether our current router (Netgear DG824M) will be okay for ADSL Max?

Does it still not give attenuation/SNR margin et al?
If no, then it's probably as good getting shot. Whether I'd recommend the DG834 remains to be seen, but for now I'll say no.

Caporegime
BeatMaster said:
Going to be changing ISP on Monday but not sure who to change to?

Currently paying £17.99 for 512kb with Timewarp. Willing to pay up to about £25 a month for a 2mb/8mb line with a cap of at least 30/40Gb

Preferably a 1 month contract unless they are going to be good in which case it'll be fine to have a 12 month contract. Going to be used a lot for gaming so decent pings and of course the usual downloading and such.

The exchange isn't LLU so just standard ADSL :)

What do you recommend?

Ace Internet recently advertised an unlimited service, which Mistral couldn't sustain so they forced them to introduce caps.

However, the cap is now pretty generous... the only limits are for P2P users, 3.5GB a day at any time at full speeds... which equates to roughly 100GB a month. Very good imo, certainly more generous than Nildram etc. :)

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
IDNet gets my vote tbh.
I've just signed up. I haven't even gone live yet, and I'm already impressed. Responses to emails in under an hour, and I'm not even a customer. They also said the migration should happen within 3 working days of placing the order - which beats my last migration time of 10 days!

Can't find many, if any, unhappy customers on their forum on AG.

Soldato
csmager said:
I've just signed up. I haven't even gone live yet, and I'm already impressed. Responses to emails in under an hour, and I'm not even a customer. They also said the migration should happen within 3 working days of placing the order - which beats my last migration time of 10 days!

Can't find many, if any, unhappy customers on their forum on AG.

It took 3 days for me to, there very fast on replys i went live today

Caporegime
Richdog said:
Ace Internet recently advertised an unlimited service, which Mistral couldn't sustain so they forced them to introduce caps.

However, the cap is now pretty generous... the only limits are for P2P users, 3.5GB a day at any time at full speeds... which equates to roughly 100GB a month. Very good imo, certainly more generous than Nildram etc. :)

R.I.P. Ace, cap has dropped dramatically and company is ojn its way out. I moved to IDNet. :)

Associate
beatmaster which isp have you changed to ?

nildram isn't that bad i hardly download anything so by the next month i have like 90gig to use up , as it carries over unused to next month.

Soldato
OP
wod_uk said:
beatmaster which isp have you changed to ?

nildram isn't that bad i hardly download anything so by the next month i have like 90gig to use up , as it carries over unused to next month.

I changed to Nildram on DSL Surf :) Been with them about 3 weeks now, no problems apart from was getting pings of 50ms but now down to 28-30ms so much better. Other than that, fast speeds all the time and plentiful available bandwidth :cool:

Excellent customer service too!

Back
Top Bottom