Changing planes at Athens?

Soldato
Has anyone ever travelled to a Greek island via a flight to Athens? We're looking at going to Paros for a week at the end of this month (last minute planning, as usual) and rather than faff with the ferries we can fly to Athens, have a 1hr change then get a small plane down. Wondering how big the airport is and if that sounds at all risky. First flight is with Aegean and the second with Olympic Air -- they're the same company so I'd hope if there were any delays they'd be a bit more helpful.. :confused:

Soldato
OP
I initially thought it was his second post but meh. Whatever.

The other option is to fly direct to Mykonos then catch a shorter ferry. But we'd have to stay a night on Mykonos which in itself is no hardship, but expensive (hotels, plus ferry) and more planning to do as well. Hmn.

Soldato
OP
Nah I was just worried about the risk of missing the connection. The other option is flying to Mykonos which is only a 40min ferry. But that flight gets in early evening so we'd stay a night on Mykonos. Bit of a faff. Hmn.

Soldato
OP
But is a 1hr change actually doable? My girlfriend reckons as it's on Expedia as a through flight, so it should be. I'm thinking it's actually 55mins from touchdown, so plus an extra 20mins taxiing, alighting, getting in etc, then don't they close gates like 20mins before advertised time? So that's about 15mins leeway..

Back
Top Bottom