Changing router advice

Associate
Hi

My current set up is a BTHH3 with a number of Dlan power line plugs around the house as we have brick walls. I'm getting a lot of connectivity issues at the moment which I think is related to the number of devices attached.

I was thinking of getting one of the following modem routers:
1. TPlink VR2800 or 9000
2. Netgear Nighthawk X6 or X8

Open to any other suggestions.

I was also looking at whether a mesh network setup would work but not sure this is advisable in a house with solid walls.

Thanks for any help
Cheers
S

Soldato
Send me a trust message with your address and I’ll send you a current BT Hub. It’s every bit as good as the ones you’ve listed. The issue that you have is that wireless only goes so far and it’s quite slow yet everyone keeps hanging more and more devices off one 2x2 MiMo Access Point and then they’re shocked when everything slows down to a crawl.

Most people I demo equipment to are shocked when they realise that;

1. The WiFi kit they have only handles one client at a time (even though 20 are connected, only one can use the AP to pass data at any given time) and

2. That their devices can’t shout as loud as the access point. So even if the device can get a signal from the access point, the access point can’t necessarily hear the device returning the signal, so you get no signal.

These two things mean that they could upgrade to almost any incredibly expensive access point and the will see zero improvement. Nothing.

The inconvenient truth is that you need to run a cable or two. Do that and your problems will disappear. Immediately.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the help. Yea, it was find up until last year until I added sonos speakers and then Amazon dots for kids.

I'm going to see if I can somehow run some cable like you say.

Cheers
S

Back
Top Bottom