Changing the voltage

Permabanned
I've been trying to overclock my PentiumD 805 without success. Every time i change the volts the system boots. I got the asus p5w PH board. How do i enable/disable the C1E which is what stops me i assume. I see no such option in the bios nor an option to disable speedstep. Also RightMark CPU Clock Utility has only an option to enable it not disable it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheekykid said:
Every time i change the volts the system boots.
What do you mean by that? It restarts from the bios... if its booting whats wrong?

Being an asus the bios will be very perculiar, on one of mine the cpu settings are under memory or something stupid like that, have a really good look for the disable speedstep/c1e thing or any other name they may have used.

Also being asus, it will take/have taken several months for a working bios to appear, have you got a recent bios?

Permabanned
OP
Joe42 said:
What do you mean by that? It restarts from the bios... if its booting whats wrong?

Being an asus the bios will be very perculiar, on one of mine the cpu settings are under memory or something stupid like that, have a really good look for the disable speedstep/c1e thing or any other name they may have used.

Also being asus, it will take/have taken several months for a working bios to appear, have you got a recent bios?

I mean that when i change the volts the system won't boot properly but rather get stuck on the screen before windows logo appear where it will reboot again.
I got the latest 1305 bios. Can you confirm that these option are indeed in the bios?

Back
Top Bottom