Cheap build around a MSi Radeon R9 290

Associate
Hi,

Hope this is the correct forum.

I would like to get a full build (0case/motherboard/processor/memory/hdd etc) but that is compatible with the MSi Radeon R9 290 graphics card that I have spare. It is for my daughter's xmas and she doesn't play anything too gfx intensive but I would like her to be a little future proofed.

Preferably the rig would cost in the region of <£200 and could be bought from Overclockers.

I'd like to know if there is a prebuilt setup that suits these needs or suggested kit that can be ordered in a custom build.

Many Thanks,
Paul.

Associate
OP
I would have liked cheaper but I think the computer may end up pretty bad if I go much cheaper than what I picked here.? Yeah I can build myself!

and i've forgot a hdd ... -_-

Soldato
Your better off buying used, even going with the older FM2+ and a 860k with 4gb over 8gb ram, cheapest board your nearly at £200, so then hard drive, case and a power supply capable of running the power hungry 290 you looking at nearly 200 extra on the budget.

So this for example which is actually under £150 extra not close to 200, but then I didn't choose 8gb ram still which would be better for the overall system.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £325.64
(includes shipping: £11.70)

Soldato
Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor[/url] (£98.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard[/url]
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£40.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: Bitfenix Nova Case (£26.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Power Supply:EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 (EU) 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply[/url] (£104.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Total: Nil
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by ************ 2017-08-27 21:51 BST+0100

This build costs no more than £380, had to remove competitor links but you get the idea.

Soldato
You guys suggesting power supplies over 60 pound are bonkers. It's not in the budget guys.

To be fair none of it is in the budget, £200 would get you a cheap low powered AM1 quad setup, not that OC list those anymore, you can't expect decent new stuff for that budget not as far as whole systems go, certain parts yes also you have to remember the OP has a 290, never had one myself, but I do know from what people say about how power hungry they are, wouldn't count on a £20-£40 power supply that only offers less than 500w to fit the whole system, not without going old.

OP will always be best off used for a £200 budget.

I haven't finished my system build, but so far for £71 I got what is in my sig which is doing fine, just need a gaming graphic card thensee what it can do, can buy 1155 systems that are good for starters within the £100 mark, if I had more ram option and a better psu a 290 would suit my computer.

Back
Top Bottom