Cheap hatch for <£700

Jay

Jay

Associate
I've been looking at getting a 306 1.6i for my girlfriend. The one i'm looking at has 64,000 on the clock, P reg, Air Con, electric windows/sunroof etc.. for ~ £800

Has the same engine as the Saxo VTR

Soldato
You'll find a Clio 16v for that money. The rear arches will probably be a bit on the rusty side, but other than that if it's been looked after it shouldn't be too bad. Bes part of 140bhp in a small car that drives like a go kart for less than a grand isn't that bad. :)

Soldato
Ron Burgundy said:
Sorry. forgot to mention, does need to be chepo as in insure, run, etc. So i'm limiting to 1.4 maybe 1.5td!! ;)

Try for the 1.6 205 GTi, if not then get a 1.4 XS/GT, pre cat ones. They had 85bhp and didn't weigh much so wern't that slow really.

Soldato
Gribs said:
Don't get a clio 1.4. They're rubbish to drive, pretty gutless and cost loads to repair.

1.2 is gutless. The 1.4 is fine considering the insurance group. And in terms of repairing, they very cheap :) Paid £700 for mine, £60 or so on service parts. Never had any problems with mine. The central locking motor was abit dodgy. A second hand motor cost me £5. Driving, its fine for what it is, especially if you have a RT/RN model (PAS).

Back
Top Bottom