Cheap Headphones styled like ipod or similar

Associate
Hey..

My Ipod headphones aren't working so good, the left headphone is fuzzy sometimes. Firstly is this covered in warranty, could i get them replaced?

I want a pair same style and not costing too much, going Canada on tour in two weeks so need some working headphones!

I was looking at Sennheiser MX 500 White, are these any good?

Well if anyone could reccomend me some, that give decent quality sound and don't cost a fortune! that'd be great :)

Soldato
Macca said:
Hey..

My Ipod headphones aren't working so good, the left headphone is fuzzy sometimes. Firstly is this covered in warranty, could i get them replaced?

I want a pair same style and not costing too much, going Canada on tour in two weeks so need some working headphones!

I was looking at Sennheiser MX 500 White, are these any good?

Well if anyone could reccomend me some, that give decent quality sound and don't cost a fortune! that'd be great :)

The MX500's are very good yes. There is also these top of the list that are supposed to be very very good!

Associate
OP
I don't know much about frequencies and whats good but Mx500 does;

Frequency response: 18 – 22,000 Hz

and Creative;

6Hz to 23kHz.

Would you like to enlighten me? lol :o

Associate
Regarding frequency response, you could write pages and pages on it!

Basically, this is the range of frequencies that the headphones can re-create for you to listen to. The lower frequencies represent the base, if I remember correctly.

By and large, the wider the range, the better.

So, on paper, the Creatives would seem to offer more. However, this doesn't take into account speaker size etc, so the only sure way to find out is to test listen to some sets, difficult I know!

Also, despite what 'they' say, in ear headphones don't really do base very well, so I'd take the figures with a pinch of salt anyway!

Over ear headphones, for use on hi-fi, are generally considered good if they have a frequency response of 18 to 28,000 khz.

Recommendation and testing is what I'd recommend, but for the price you can get the Sennheisers for, they might be worth a punt?

HTH.

Associate
I wouldn't read too much on frequency range either. There are plenty of headphones with acceptable frequency range, but uninspiring SQ overall. Even frequency response graphs can not tell the whole story.

Soldato
Macca said:
Hey..

exactly the same problem that I had the left one broke it sounded like the cone was flapping around inside it

Associate
i have both the mx500 and the SENNHEISER
Model CX300S i use the 500's when i want to hear whats going on around me and the cx300s when i want pure audio bliss. the cs ar kinda like shoving the MX's into your brain.

Associate
OP
flynlr said:
i have both the mx500 and the SENNHEISER
Model CX300S i use the 500's when i want to hear whats going on around me and the cx300s when i want pure audio bliss. the cs ar kinda like shoving the MX's into your brain.
are the MX500 good, i'll be using on flight to Canada, and a lot of time on bus when we move around Canada.

WHat price range are the cx300s?

Associate
CX300 are around £30 give or take.

Yickes, I wouldn't use the MX500 or any open phones on a flight to be honest. Too much ambient noise. And while the MX500 is considered one of the best earbuds (non IEM), most people who've tried both would agree that the Koss KSC-series are better sounding. And with a lifetime warranty, you are well covered (and I've yet to break any of my Koss).

Associate
OP
TooNice said:
CX300 are around £30 give or take.

Yickes, I wouldn't use the MX500 or any open phones on a flight to be honest. Too much ambient noise. And while the MX500 is considered one of the best earbuds (non IEM), most people who've tried both would agree that the Koss KSC-series are better sounding. And with a lifetime warranty, you are well covered (and I've yet to break any of my Koss).
Well, i'm at a shortage of money right now, yeah probably aren't the best but, they are good for the money and stuff.

I'll see what i can find the Koss ones and the CX300 for, but 30 lads going on tour i don't think i'm bothered about hearing other things than the music.

Back
Top Bottom