Cheap Kitchen Units

Soldato
Hi all,

Need some cheap units for a utility room I'm kitting out but can't believe what they cost these days!

Does anyone know of any cheap/budget kitchen unit websites please? I don't mind buying the carcass/doors separately if that makes things cheaper.

Cheers! :)

Associate
They have always been fairly expensive, perhaps someone will know somewhere they are cheaper from new but if you want some cheap and its only for a utility room then check facebook market place or gumtree. People sometimes sell old kitchens for cheap. When we had our kitchen done we have about 3/4 of a brand new kitchen in the garage for ages and I managed to make some decent storage out of the units that where left over.

Soldato
The thing you'll struggle with is the minimum order value for some of the cheaper online places.

Do you definitely need kitchen cabinets? Pantry shelving is pretty flexible and cheap if you don't need proper worktop space (bit you could still have free shelves for folding clothes etc).

Soldato
Hi all,

Need some cheap units for a utility room I'm kitting out but can't believe what they cost these days!

Does anyone know of any cheap/budget kitchen unit websites please? I don't mind buying the carcass/doors separately if that makes things cheaper.

If you're not fussed for new fronts or just want good internals keep an eye on gumtree. Can bag a whole kitchen for reasonable sums.

Soldato
OP
Thanks folks.

I think I would prefer units as there is a particular configuration I have in mind now. I will definitely take a look on gumtree but don't particularly want an entire kitchen which is what I expect may happen!

In terms of ikea I can't find these cheap cupboards on their website. Am I look in the wrong place perhaps?

Cheers :)

Man of Honour
Thanks folks.

I think I would prefer units as there is a particular configuration I have in mind now. I will definitely take a look on gumtree but don't particularly want an entire kitchen which is what I expect may happen!

In terms of ikea I can't find these cheap cupboards on their website. Am I look in the wrong place perhaps?

Cheers :)

Use the kitchen planner tools on the website and swap the default doors and work tops to the cheapest plain white ones.

Metod frames, haggeby doors

Easiest way, go to a metod complete unit, then look at the components (bottom of screen click package details)
It will break down into 4 normally, frame, door, shelf, hinges (handles optional)

You can find all the items listed individually, (different opening angles on hinges etc)

It takes a little time, but you can avoid extra shelves if you don't need them by selecting the individual components (they come in packs of 2)

Thanks folks just having a look now! :)

I don't know if it's just me but browsing their site for certain items is awful.

No its a bit painful, but thats because there are so many options

I've used the cabinets a few times and tend to make a list of all the sizes available, work out what i want, then go in and list the individual components

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Tradepoint (B&Q) do a good range of basic units, the prices are perfectly reasonable and you can just pick them up in store off the shelf...

Soldato
OP
Thanks to all for the responses!

I've had a look at Howden's but I don't think their sale is on at the moment. From what I can see ikea just beats the B&Q units now that I have been able to find them.

I will be taking a look on Friday in store after creating a list on their website which includes the Metod frames with Haggeby/Veddinge doors. These have saved me around £150 and include all of the plinths and feet as well!

Soldato
We used the cunningly named Units Online. I don't know how well they score on the price scale but we found a kitchen layout/design we liked in John Lewis, and then bought virtually the same for 75% less online.

I had some reservations about buying this kind of stuff online - quality, measurements, etc. - but they were a brilliant company to buy from. Before processing the order they called me up to talk through the layout and measurements, made sure everything fit right and would be able to be installed, etc. After care was great too as they replaced a part.

The quality of the units has been great too.

Back
Top Bottom