cheap sim capable tablet for older person to stay connected?

Soldato
as title really - i know next to sod all about tablets. only tablet i've owned is an ipad that i got 7 years ago!

I'm trying to get recommendations for a cellular/4g/3g (or whatever its called when they take a sim) tablet for an older person so they can do a bit of web browsing and video calling - literally that'll be all. no gaming, no streaming or the like so doesn't really need a lot of grunt.
they don't have internet so want something that i can bung say a giffgaff pay as you go mobile sim into......if such a thing even exists

budget is obviously quite low - say about 100 quid.

i know it's probably a big ask but as you can probably guess it's for someone that's old and alone and wanting to stay connected to family.

Man of Honour
as title really - i know next to sod all about tablets. only tablet i've owned is an ipad that i got 7 years ago!

I'm trying to get recommendations for a cellular/4g/3g (or whatever its called when they take a sim) tablet for an older person so they can do a bit of web browsing and video calling - literally that'll be all. no gaming, no streaming or the like so doesn't really need a lot of grunt.
they don't have internet so want something that i can bung say a giffgaff pay as you go mobile sim into......if such a thing even exists

budget is obviously quite low - say about 100 quid.

i know it's probably a big ask but as you can probably guess it's for someone that's old and alone and wanting to stay connected to family.

If you wack up a wanted thread I probably have just the thing! Unless of course you want something brand new!

Soldato
What is the intended recipient currently paying for their home phone line? If they haven't changed package for years, it may work out better to see what a calls + basic internet bundle will cost compared to the price of their current phone package + cheap sim. It's also easier and cheaper to pick up a tablet that doesn't have cellular.

Soldato
OP
If you wack up a wanted thread I probably have just the thing! Unless of course you want something brand new!
i don't think they'll care - it's a co worker trying to get their mum and dad 'connected' so let me just check and get back to you.

What is the intended recipient currently paying for their home phone line? If they haven't changed package for years, it may work out better to see what a calls + basic internet bundle will cost compared to the price of their current phone package + cheap sim. It's also easier and cheaper to pick up a tablet that doesn't have cellular.
my bad for not being clear at the start - it's for a co worker who herself is a bit of a technophobe. if mentioned the above to her she'd probably lay down crying lol

Man of Honour
i don't think they'll care - it's a co worker trying to get their mum and dad 'connected' so let me just check and get back to you.

my bad for not being clear at the start - it's for a co worker who herself is a bit of a technophobe. if mentioned the above to her she'd probably lay down crying lol

yea just hit me up in the message!

Back
Top Bottom