Cheap snowboarding clothing?

Associate
Im thinking on going on holiday snowboarding. Im at beginner stage (had a couple hours lession and messing about at tamworth snowdome so not TOTALLY a newbie :))

But i dont really have any clothing ideal for it. I have had a google look around and pairs of trousers say start at £60 :(

Any tips for being able to buy some semi cheapish stuff thats not going to give me hypothermia in 10 minutes :p

Associate
OP
Ok cheap might be the wrong word, i was thinkinking more like that can you buy say in a sports shop that would at least for my first trip keep me warm....or would nothing suit there?

Soldato
LordVader said:
Ok cheap might be the wrong word, i was thinkinking more like that can you buy say in a sports shop that would at least for my first trip keep me warm....or would nothing suit there?

When you add all the factors together required, like waterproof, warm and hard wearing you might as well just buy snowboard gear, you dont have to pay over the odds for decent stuff though. I paid £40 for a week old pair of quiksilver snowboarding trousers and same again for a billabong jacket, both have been great.

Associate
OP
Ebay i take it? I have also had a look at that Decathlon website, cant order online but im off to ikea nottingham at weekend so will pop in and have a nose around

Soldato
LordVader said:
Ebay i take it? I have also had a look at that Decathlon website, cant order online but im off to ikea nottingham at weekend so will pop in and have a nose around

My trousers were from ebay after i had found my size in a snowboard shop, the jacket was last seasons from a sports/snowboard shop

Soldato
Good pair of pants and top will last years.

My bonfires have lasted since 2001-2 season! Through my learning (and that means pleanty of knees/bum on ice impacts). They're still good for another season and perhaps another...

The Helly/Hanson Hellytech top I have is still going strong and that is my daily cold weather coat.

Back
Top Bottom