• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cheap Upgrade

Associate
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.40GHz (Socket AM3) £90
I also need a new motherboard around £55, I'm not bothered about overclocking anything.
And since I started browsing OCuk my PSU's having a bit of a fit, will I be ok with a £20 OCuk value PSU ? (no extra lights, bells or whistles to power).
Or do I need to spend more ?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
I would strongly recommend against one of the "OCUK" power supplies if you are planning to run a 125W quad core CPU and a half-decent graphics card like a 5700 series. These OCUK supplies are made for home and office computers - not gaming systems with graphics cards (for one thing, the £20 models don't have any 6pin PCIE power connections) and are originally made by Winpower if memory serves.

The cheapest PSU on OCUK I would suggest you go for is this one. However, it seems to be out of stock at the moment.

Of the ones in stock, this is the best option IMHO (though this one is also nice).

Soldato
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.40GHz (Socket AM3) £90
I also need a new motherboard around £55, I'm not bothered about overclocking anything.
And since I started browsing OCuk my PSU's having a bit of a fit, will I be ok with a £20 OCuk value PSU ? (no extra lights, bells or whistles to power).
Or do I need to spend more ?

Thanks in advance.

For motherboard the asus m4a77t will fit perfectly with it, around £52 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom