Cheaper train tickets

Man of Honour
Go on trainline and then scroll through the times and see what prices you get and book in advance.

Never, ever use thetrainline. They offer exactly the same tickets as everyone else but charge a booking fee which most sites do not. If you like thetrainline interface simply pick a TOC which uses thetrainline as their backend and get the same interface with no booking fee.

Associate
[TW]Fox;24827316 said:
Never, ever use thetrainline. They offer exactly the same tickets as everyone else but charge a booking fee which most sites do not. If you like thetrainline interface simply pick a TOC which uses thetrainline as their backend and get the same interface with no booking fee.

There is an exception to this rule. If you want to pay using paypal (useful in some circumstances) as they're the only booking engine that allows it I think.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;24827316 said:

This tbh. I only ever use the Trainline if I'm feeling lazy and the tab is being picked up by my employer. TL are absolute shysters.

Man of Honour
This site looks at all the different train companies then takes you to the cheapest.
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
I just use east coast as I mainly travel on that line but I can book all other train tickets through them but still get the reward points.

It doesn't take you to the cheapest it randomly picks one as they all sell the same tickets at the same price. The only exception is when operators sometimes offer a promotion on tickets they price themselves, but the nationalrail site cant take that into account anyway.

Back
Top Bottom