Cheapest water cooling possible?

Soldato
Technicaly, the cheapest water cooling possible is two lengths of tube, two barbs and the cheapeast cpu block you can find. Connect one tube to the cold water tap on the nearest sink, the other tube from the block to a drain, then just turn the tap on. No pump, no rad, no res. Can't get much cheaper than that :) Assuming you are not on a water meter, and even then I suspect it would still be cheaper :)

Associate
That actually isn't a bad idea haha.

My tap waters always sub ambient temps:) might give that a shot haha.

Higher flow rate than my ek pump as well I'd imagine:)

I presume running a water softener would remove enough trace elements to stop a blockage:/

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't being exactly serious but yes scale build up would be the only drawback over time. You would have to clean it fairly regularly.

Associate
In my experience....cheap and a decent W/C is almost impossible.........im in the middle of getting the parts for my new w/c loop and the fittings alone cost about £90! (12 x compressions and 12 x 45/90's) Decent Rads cost about £50-70 each.....having a tiny budget and asking for something as luxury as a custom w/c loop seems silly to me.

Soldato
Turn the tap to control pressure, in this hypothetical water cooling solution that could actualy work but is a bit silly to actually do.

Soldato
My water cooling cost as much as some peoples laptops...
You can seemingly do some nice little setups, CPU only for not too much cash if you want to try that first.
GPU WCing is great but really commits you to the whole addiction a bit more:D

Back
Top Bottom