Check/advice

Associate
First ever package, can you tell me if components would work together it would be used just to surf listen to music play a few games nothing fancy anything would be a great improvement on my laptop..

Any advice on paying that little bit more for something that would make a big improvement please help.

thanks

Soldato
i would suggest to start with go for a 22inch lcd (£3 more), and also a better graphics card, (£7 more) maybe a ati 4850 can be had for little more than the one you have there
and im sure someone will build you up an i5 rig, do you have a budget in mind?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The ati 4850's are ddr3's will they be compatible? Well Id prefer not to have the new stuff, I remember last year reading wait a year you'll get all the topspec cheaper if you wait.

"save 40% price getting 95% of the performance by waiting 1 year rather than getting the top spec of now paying the full whack"...

Im not saying my list is top spec of last year because I don't know but I for sure would like to see a bundle that is all about value..

Last edited:
Soldato
The ati 4850's are ddr3's will they be compatible? Well Id prefer not to have the new stuff, I remember last year reading wait a year you'll get all the topspec cheaper if you wait.

"save 40% price getting 95% of the performance by waiting 1 year rather than getting the top spec of now paying the full whack"...

Im not saying my list is top spec of last year because I don't know but I for sure would like to see a bundle that is all about value..

you wont get much value from a 9600gt compared to a 4850, its not new tech either, where have you been :D:D

Associate
OP
you wont get much value from a 9600gt compared to a 4850, its not new tech either, where have you been :D:D

I was referring to the suggestion of an I5 rig..

Yes lol Im very new to this I just see new tech as being ripped off price wise..

Im after value and basically havent got a clue so anyhelp appriciated, this certainly beats comet or currys etc

Soldato
personaly if me id be doing the 4850, 22 inch lcd for definate and maybe a tweak here and there on the rest, do you have a budget ? would help people a lot if you did, also have you got an OS allready as its not on your list.

Associate
OP
personaly if me id be doing the 4850, 22 inch lcd for definate and maybe a tweak here and there on the rest, do you have a budget ? would help people a lot if you did, also have you got an OS allready as its not on your list.

Budget can go to 1k if the price is worth the performance, I do have vista ultimate but its ony 32bit.. I have changed my basket with the suggestions.. 22inch lcd, case and 4850

thanks

Permabanned
Too add a little umph maybe this cpu with this video card but you'd need a better power supply. Something like this or a bit cheaper this adds an extra around £150 but for the gaming you do it will definetly be beneficial aswell as general computer tasks.

Back
Top Bottom