Check out what I just won!

Caporegime
I get the impression that the plasma hardcore will still be saying they're the best in forty years :p (James wotsit springs to mind). I've got a plasma but those LED backlit TVs look phenomenal.

Until OLED TV's become affordable they will be...:p

when are OLED tv's supposed to be coming in bigger sizes ?

I think someone made a 50" one recently and I think you may be able to buy a 32" one for mega money already. Hopefylly just a 2-3 more years and they will be affordable if not high end.

EDIT: I lie - 40"

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think someone made a 50" one recently and I think you may be able to buy a 32" one for mega money already. Hopefylly just a 2-3 more years and they will be affordable if not high end.

EDIT: I lie - 40"

Are they still having problems with the degrading / low yield of whatever material they use to make the blue pixels (or something like that)?

Soldato
Display technology definitely needs to shift to oled now, i bought an ips lcd panel recently and it wasn't much better than the one i had from about 6 years ago, proper local dimming leds may improve contrast but lcd has definitely had it's day along with plasma, i wish they would stop wasting time on them now as they've reached the end of their potential.

Back
Top Bottom