cheeky but genuine question

Associate
i have lived in london all my life and am thinking of moving out for a while to tunbridge wells. What I want to know is, but don't put a knife at my throat for asking, what part of the UK is best if you want to avoid foreigners and foreign neighbours and coloured people. I am just curious, but I have noticed tunbridge wells seems like a good choice. It would be nice to be able to live in a place where you actually feel as if you are in England again. No offence to any peoples intended at all. Thanks

Caporegime
i have lived in london all my life and am thinking of moving out for a while to tunbridge wells. What I want to know is, but don't put a knife at my throat for asking, what part of the UK is best if you want to avoid foreigners and foreign neighbours and coloured people.

Why do you want to avoid foreigners, foreign neighbours and coloured people?

I am just curious, but I have noticed tunbridge wells seems like a good choice. It would be nice to be able to live in a place where you actually feel as if you are in England again. No offence to any peoples intended at all. Thanks

Is your name 'Digusted', by any chance?

Associate
i have lived in london all my life and am thinking of moving out for a while to tunbridge wells. What I want to know is, but don't put a knife at my throat for asking, what part of the UK is best if you want to avoid foreigners and foreign neighbours and coloured people. I am just curious, but I have noticed tunbridge wells seems like a good choice. It would be nice to be able to live in a place where you actually feel as if you are in England again. No offence to any peoples intended at all. Thanks

DEVON! End of!

Soldato
i have lived in london all my life and am thinking of moving out for a while to tunbridge wells. What I want to know is, but don't put a knife at my throat for asking, what part of the UK is best if you want to avoid foreigners and foreign neighbours and coloured people.

You have lived in London all your life and you want to avoid foreigners and foreign neighbours and coloured people?

More importantly why do you want to avoid them? I think you need to go to therapy

Soldato

Ummm...

You forgot to start your post with "I'm not racist, but..." :p

Soldato
Ummm...

You forgot to start your post with "I'm not racist, but..." :p

"im not racist but im feeling like im the minority in my own country and dont feel like i belong anymore, so want to move somewhere, where im part of the majority"

and whats wrong with that

Soldato
"im not racist but im feeling like im the minority in my own country and dont feel like i belong anymore, so want to move somewhere, where im part of the majority"

and whats wrong with that

Never said there was :)

BTW, just because someone isn't white, doesn't mean it's not their country too. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
please don't call me racist for posting that thread this country has gone mad, a place were you can't even express your opinions without the PC police coming down on you like a ton of bricks.

I am moving out of London where we have lots of foreigners (bless them) and I want to set up shop where my neighbours and my area is made up of english people. That's my personal choice, my reason for asking is that I am very interested to know what parts of the country would satisfy this wish.

I was interested to learn from you that Devon and NW Scotland are such places. That's strange when you ask if i am ok with handicapped people and gays ! I do beg your pardon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
DEVON! End of!

^^ This.

Devon is what Evergreen magazine wishes the rest of the country still was. It's the sort of place where you'll be asked if your church is middle class (yes, this literally happened to me) and the word 'coloured' draws nervous giggles from starched white housewives.

please don't call me racist for posting that thread this country has gone mad, a place were you can't even express your opinions without the PC police coming down on you like a ton of bricks.

I am moving out of London where we have lots of foreigners (bless them) and I want to set up shop where my neighbours and my area is made up of english people. That's my personal choice, my reason for asking is that I am very interested to know what parts of the country would satisfy this wish.

Devon
Ethnicity: 98.7% White British

(Source).

You'll be right where you belong, without a nig-nog in sight.

Last edited:
Soldato
That village the archers live in.

Or if you can't find that then devon/cornwall.

Mind you those polish lot keep coming over for harvest time. Something about lazy useless honest english workers not being reliable enough for the farmers.

Also, lol bnp supporter, your posting history betrays you :p

Associate

I was interested to learn from you that Devon and NW Scotland are such places.

Easy, anywhere in England.

Associate
OP
Evangelion, I found your answer most interesting and informative, I had no idea Devon was such a place. Was this why Fawlty Towers had no coloured customers?!?!? I believe it was set in Devon, and the Major seemed to be quite racist in his dialogue (the Major played by Ballard Berkely was a fine actor, I remember his TV advert for Gold Block Tobacco)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Evangelion, I found your answer most interesting and informative, I had no idea Devon was such a place.

I've spent a fair bit of time in Devon. It's a beautiful place and a nice place to live, especially if you think the 1950s was a good era.

Was this why Fawlty Towers had no coloured customers?!?!?

I have no idea.

I believe it was set in Devon, and the Major seemed to be quite racist in his dialogue (the Major played by Ballard Berkely was a fine actor, I remember his TV advert for Gold Block Tobacco)

The Major sounds racist at first, but the more you study his dialogue the more you realise he simply has an outdated, colonialist view of the world. He uses racially charged terms, but never in a derogatory way.

Associate
OP
what are property prices like in devon? i always learn so much from this forum the people on here are great, thanks. The guy who posted "Midsomer" as an answer is funny. LOL. I think Midsomer Murders was accused of being racist in its casting but then again I am a big agatha christie fan and the poirot films starring peter ustinov in the 70s and 80s which i adored had no foreigners in them. i think same applies to miss marple and the new poirot series with david suchet, although i prefer peter ustinov, the man who always brings a smile to my face.

what is scotland like for this same issue? what part of NW scotland was the chap above referring to?

Last edited:
Caporegime
what are property prices like in devon?

Depends where you want to live. In Honiton you can expect to pay £140k for a 3 bedroom terrace, £230k for a 3 bedroom town house, and £300k for a 3 bedroom bungalow.

what is scotland like for this same issue? what part of NW scotland was the chap above referring to?

I'm not sure Scotland is right for you. The people are white, but they sound foreign...

Back
Top Bottom