cheese cake

Permabanned
Im making a cheese cake of the lemon variety, Ive mixed together the cheese and whipped double cream and now added the lemon juice and zest but its too runny now. Does anyone know what I can do/use to thicken it up?

Cheers

Exentia said:
You are using cream cheese yeah? not cheddar or anything like that? :p

Yes dont worry I am, got a fair bit of marscapone, Its annoying, it tastes really nice but just doesnt quite have the right thickness. Ill try adding more cheese but im all out of extra cream, may have to take a trip to tescos.

//Mike said:
Is it a baked cheesecake or one that is set in the fridge. Don't forget, whichever one it is, it will set more solid once it has been left either in the fridge or in the oven...

Its a fridge one, but at the minute it like a slightly thicker smoothie and is far far too runny. The extra cheese hasnt helpped much:(

And no mustard wont help I dont want a hairy cheescake thank you please.

//Mike said:
Bodging recipes together doesn't tend to end in success :D.

Its worked for the past couple of years of me beign at uni I will not let it defeat me now!!

Plus im not really bodging a recipe as such, there was never a recipe I was trying to follow to bodge....

//Mike said:
Usually the biscuit base is made from crushed up biscuits mixed with some melted butter and then set in the fridge (although some recipes call for the biscuits to be baked). You can't beat ginger nuts with a lemon cheescake... yum.

Thats what Im making ginger nut and lemon. Cheers for the help mike and all the egg thing worked had to use 5 eggs like! It tastes sooo good! Just leave it to finish setting in the fridge!!

//Mike said:
Bugger me - 5 eggs ?! How much mascarpone and cream did you use?

Erm there was about 600gram of mascarpone 1/2 pint of double cream, the rind and jucie of 4 lemons ( that was the mistake putting all the juice in) but it tastes really lemony which is cool. Plus sugar... no idea how much!

I will take photos later when its all set!

Back
Top Bottom