cheese cake

Permabanned
Im making a cheese cake of the lemon variety, Ive mixed together the cheese and whipped double cream and now added the lemon juice and zest but its too runny now. Does anyone know what I can do/use to thicken it up?

Cheers

Soldato
jezsoup said:
Im making a cheese cake of the lemon variety, Ive mixed together the cheese and whipped double cream and now added the lemon juice and zest but its too runny now. Does anyone know what I can do/use to thicken it up?

Cheers

glue? flour? more cheese?

Soldato
colmans_%20139005.jpg

Permabanned
OP
Exentia said:
You are using cream cheese yeah? not cheddar or anything like that? :p

Yes dont worry I am, got a fair bit of marscapone, Its annoying, it tastes really nice but just doesnt quite have the right thickness. Ill try adding more cheese but im all out of extra cream, may have to take a trip to tescos.

Soldato
//Mike said:
Is it a baked cheesecake or one that is set in the fridge. Don't forget, whichever one it is, it will set more solid once it has been left either in the fridge or in the oven...

Ha HA once hes finished with it.....cheese brick :D

Permabanned
OP
//Mike said:
Is it a baked cheesecake or one that is set in the fridge. Don't forget, whichever one it is, it will set more solid once it has been left either in the fridge or in the oven...

Its a fridge one, but at the minute it like a slightly thicker smoothie and is far far too runny. The extra cheese hasnt helpped much:(

And no mustard wont help I dont want a hairy cheescake thank you please.

Associate
jezsoup said:
Its a fridge one, but at the minute it like a slightly thicker smoothie and is far far too runny. The extra cheese hasnt helpped much:(

And no mustard wont help I dont want a hairy cheescake thank you please.
What is the recipe you're using?
Mascarpone, Cream, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Sugar? Are you sure it's not one set with Gelatine?

Permabanned
OP
//Mike said:
Bodging recipes together doesn't tend to end in success :D.

Its worked for the past couple of years of me beign at uni I will not let it defeat me now!!

Plus im not really bodging a recipe as such, there was never a recipe I was trying to follow to bodge....

Associate
Well, I have just had a brief moment of inspiration :D.

Depending on how big the cheesecake you are making is, take two or 3 eggs and separate them. Put the yolkes into the mix you already have (they will add a nice richness anyhow) and then beat the whites in a seperate bowl untill stiff. Then you can fold these in (in 3 or so batches) being very careful to keep as much of the air in as possible. That should stiffen the whole mixture up a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom