Chelsea banned from signing players for two transfer windows

Caporegime
It’s for breaching rules with regards to signing minors. They’ve also been fined £400k.

It couldn’t come at a worse time for Chelsea. They need to bolster their squad to have any real chance of competing. Big implications for Hazard as well. Can’t see them letting him go if they can’t buy anyone.

Can’t say they don’t deserve it though, they broke the rules 29 times!

Soldato
Ouch! They're not messing around!

Although it was probably only ever a slim chance that we could attempt to buy Michy Batshuayi on a permanent basis - That dream has flown straight out the window with this ban :p

Don
It's not ideal obviously but it's not the end of the world. They'll no doubt appeal this to delay beyond the start of the transfer window - they'll get a big fee for Hazard which will give them the money (both in cash and FFP terms) to do a lot of business and then they'll sit out the next two windows from there.

Don
On a serious note, the change in rules regarding loans is going to be more of a concern to Chelsea than this ban. They're going to be forced into selling as many as 30+ players in a very short amount of time.

Man of Honour
Despite all the talk of players..doesn't this have quite an impact managerially? Sarri looks certain to go but will many top managers be interested in coming to the club with a transfer ban in place?

Soldato
Great for there the youngsters they have as they may now finally get a chance, although I suspect due to amount of them they Loan out some will have to be sold regardless as I can't seem them all getting a shot

Soldato
Reports suggest they will appeal which will mean bare mimimum they will be able to sign players this summer then next 2 windows it will kick in

Will be interesting what happens to hazard he can hold chelsea to ransom saying sell me this summer and you have chance to replace me

Dont sell me in summer and you lose me next year on a free without the chance to sign anyone else

Soldato
Pfft, other teams will be like, oh you want this player? Well seeing as though this is the only window you're got for a season cough up the extra... Vice-versa for selling.

Soldato
Reports suggest they will appeal which will mean bare mimimum they will be able to sign players this summer then next 2 windows it will kick in

Will be interesting what happens to hazard he can hold chelsea to ransom saying sell me this summer and you have chance to replace me

Dont sell me in summer and you lose me next year on a free without the chance to sign anyone else

If they appeal which they have to do in 3 days, surely it would be turned around quick enough for the ban to be effective this summer?

Soldato
If they appeal which they have to do in 3 days, surely it would be turned around quick enough for the ban to be effective this summer?

First appeal is to fifa then it will take weeks

After that they take it to court

Barca did the exact same delays it to get players in

Don
FIFA have refused to suspend the ban while Chelsea's appeal is being heard. No idea whether Chelsea can go straight to CAS over this but if this stands then it could have huge knock on effects. With no sign of a new deal for Hazard it appears that he's hoping for the Real move in the summer but can Chelsea afford to let him go without being able to sign a replacement? The only person this decision probably favours is Sarri because it's difficult to see any high level manager taking over this squad in the summer, with the threat of losing key players and no opportunity to replace them.

Back
Top Bottom