Chess club

Associate
OP
Does anyone own a physical chess set? I'm tempted to ask for one from my secret santa which we do with family, budget of £100 - the Amazon ones seem a little lacklustre and cheap!
Yes, I own a couple. Little travel sets and also a proper sized one, and have a set of Indonesian wooden carved pieces somewhere but without a board. I never use any of them though!
My daughter and I play on a tablet but she's only 5! She seems to be enjoying it and I'm sure it won't be too long before she's beating me properly.

Soldato
I seem to be playing chess more against bots than humans at the moment - I've beaten up to, and including, Wendy (1500 rated) with 3*s / no assistance / takebacks.

Who knows if I'll develop much further than that, as I think that would require true study of openings which I've never been bothered with!

Associate
OP
I seem to be playing chess more against bots than humans at the moment - I've beaten up to, and including, Wendy (1500 rated) with 3*s / no assistance / takebacks.

Who knows if I'll develop much further than that, as I think that would require true study of openings which I've never been bothered with!
Thanks for the reminder, think i'll play some bots. Similar to you i've managed to beat Antonio (1500) with 3 stars. Will try Wendy sometime.

Back
Top Bottom