**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
It is a phone to consider no doubt. I am thinking about the mi a2 as well. Just shame that it comes with a 3000mah battery instead of 4000mah like the light version with only 4gb ram.

Soldato
I have a weird issue, at work I have a speaker with an aux connection but plugging it into my Redmi note 5, it thinks headphones are plugged in and plays no sound, is there anyway to resolve this?

Soldato
I have a weird issue, at work I have a speaker with an aux connection but plugging it into my Redmi note 5, it thinks headphones are plugged in and plays no sound, is there anyway to resolve this?
Does the speaker have an amplifier built in? The fact the phone thinks headphones are plugged in is normal, you're using the headphone socket. It can't tell that you've plugged something else in.

Soldato
I don't get you? You want to plug into the headphone jack, but still get sound through the phone speaker?
No, I've got a Sony portable speaker at work that does Bluetooth and aux but the BT function doesn't work so I've always connected my phone through the aux port and played my songs through the Sony speaker from my phone.

With this phone though, when aux is plugged in, my phone thinks it's got headphones plugged in and therefore won't play any music through my Sony speaker.

Does the speaker have an amplifier built in? The fact the phone thinks headphones are plugged in is normal, you're using the headphone socket. It can't tell that you've plugged something else in.
Never had an issue before, I used to use an aux cable from my Sony speaker all the time using my iPhone X, it never once thought I had headphones plugged into the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
But that's what confused me. Something is in your headphone jack, it should just play the music through it.

Does it work with actual headphones plugged in?
Have you never used aux before? :p

Yes it plays fine with headphones in but plugging an aux cable in shouldn't make the phone think headphones are plugged in.

No other phone ever does that.

Soldato
So, other phones know what is on the end of the headphone jack cable? I'm honestly asking as I don't know how they would do this?
They just work, if I take a 3.5mm auxiliary cable and plug one end into my phone and the other end into a portable speaker, it should play music from my phone through the speaker it's connected to.

Honestly I don't know why it's so hard to understand? Take any flagship phone and use it to play music through auxiliary and it won't think it's got headphones plugged in, I know because I've done it with all of my phones, for some reason this Chinese phone thinks headphones are plugged in.

Associate
The phone could have an OMTP jack or similar detection mechanism. Are you using the cable that came with the speaker? Does the cable connector have 3 or 4 segments?

Back
Top Bottom