Chivalry 2

Soldato
No difference to be honest, it’s the beta with a couple of new play areas. No crossplay parties yet which is disappointing - I know they said it wouldn’t be there at release but I was secretly hoping they’d have worked something out. The console version doesn’t have a manual server browser so it’s not like you can even ‘meet’ on a server as a work around.

Soldato
The biggest thing I have noticed... the amount of man-children in the chat. If the written word of the male appendage isn't in the chat it's unusual. It's very toxic so far in the chat so far. I don't remember the beta being like that at all.

There is a lack of direction at times on the attack defend maps. People take a while to realize you need to be in certain places or how to do it. (myself included)

Associate
Quite enjoying it, battles feel hectic but I like the control over the character and the combat system.

The maps are nice feel like there's more of a flow to them compered to mordhau with a distinct battlefront with flanking options.

Also runs great, good FPS on my 1070ti mostly at high with 100 FPS and doesn't big down in large fights.

Don't seem to suffer the insane amount of packet loss and ping problems as mordhau but it's still early days.

Overall am quite happy with it, rare for a game to come out these days that doesn't feel totally bricked on launch.

Associate
Is anyone else playing this? I picked it up last week and it's really good fun. There is definately a lot of skill to the swordplay, which I have to say I have not yet mastered!

However even if you struggle swinging an mace, you can still contribute to your team by attacking the enemny when they are outnumbered, or stabbing them in the back while they are fighting one of your allies.... We'll, sometimes you can, sometimes you just get an axe through your neck.

Associate
Free Chivalry 2 weekend, available on Epic Games store.

Definately worth giving a go if only so there are more noobs for me to farm this weekend ^^

Soldato
I loved chivalry 1 but since then have been enjoying Mordhau on and off playing.

Was disappointed to hear this wasn't going to steam times exclusive to Epic store.

For you guys that have played both Mordhau and chivalry 2

Is it still worth the wait?

Associate
One of my fave games since I purchased earlier this year. Certainly a game where you need to give it some time to learn the mechanics and timings etc. Only bug bear is when people don't focus on the objectives, but on flip side great when the defending side has a awesome team of engineers :D

Hit level 580 and not planning to stop anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom