chooser please

Associate
i have around £350 for a new lcd im looking at the Acer AL2016Ws or the Philips 200W6CS or would i be better jumping down to the Viewsonic VX922 or the Samsung SM-930BF or Samsung SM-913N 19 and saving the difference i already own a 22 inch crt is there that much of a difference to the two different sizes stated on my tft search and could anyone recommend any others what about the Acer AL1916W looks a steal

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks i was really considering the acer 1916 which i like the look of but the samsung 913n is very appealing too will widescreen make a difference its only for gaming butthe viewsonic1912 is wide too so confused

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just ordered the acer 19" myself, bargain. It should arrive tueday hopefully and I'm going to write a review of it so if you can wait until then it might be worth it.

If you're a die hard gamer the widescreen might not be for you since I'm not sure if all games support the odd reolution.

Man of Honour
well there is a difference in size, resolution and aspect ratio obviously between the 19" models and 20"WS. What uses are you going to get from the screen?

Associate
THE DOC said:
if its any good i got a 6800 gt with dvi but as ive noticed on your other forums on the samsung 913 its not so important

Hi,

Bare in mind, that 6800gt will be really in a "pain" if you fire up the WS mode 1680x1050. Even my 7800GTX is struggling sometimes in that resolution, especially with the modern titles (F.E.A.R. ... etc). Having said that, you will have to downgrade the resolution drastically and use the monitor resolution scaling feature (or just upgrade the video card). Now, not sure how much you can "stretch" ... but it seems that nowadays you really can't find good 20" WS monitor under £350. Also, I would not recommend the 19" WS variant.

As I recently upgraded to the 20" WS, wide screen gaming is really superb. Also, you will get the wide extension to your 2D desktop which I also like.

It's the tough one, especially if you are on the tight budget for the WS and gaming is your primary subject. Maybe good & fast 19" LCD is than the best option for you. If you can stretch to £350, maybe Philips 200W6CS is valuable option.

EDIT

Ops, just noticed that guy already purchased the monitor :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom