Choosing new Wireless router. around 50 pounds.

Soldato
Wireless router for around 90 pounds. MUST be reliable

Our Linksys WAG54G has just about had it, the LAN ports dont work wireless is dodgy ( cuts off frequently from time to time) and also cuts off from the internet atleast 3 times a day. the power supply also emits a lot of heat.

so anyway im after a new one pref not linksys but dont mind if its good.

must have lan ports and wireless with ADSL connection. and also what technology should i look out for nower days?

i will be ordering tomorrow morning
thanks, shimy

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen similar problems on a WAG54G - did you try to upgrade the firmware? The latest firmware did the trick here.

Soldato
OP
not here... and the lan port thing happend when i tripped up on the cable :o

ok the budget has gone up to around 90 pounds and we want one with really strong wireless signal which wont cut out.

and we pay for a option where the speed can go up to 8mbitsps but around here we can just about get 4.4 mbitps can that be the reason for it cutting out? bt says it shoudnt be a problem :confused:

Permabanned
Try and get a adsl2 with voip around 60 pounds saves you a lot of money, the one i have is the speedtouch 780wl the best features are :you can connect the phone line and dsl line to your router then connect you home phone unit directly to the router :).

So during the day i use my voip to make calls to landlines (as they are free) and then in the evening press 9 to make calls on my bt landline because i have free evening calls :)

Set up a voip account on the router, when you pick up your nomal bt phone you can press 9 to swap to pstn or voip. Great piece of kit, iam now in the process of getting the new philips voip phone so i can make msn calls to pc from my wireless handset so i would have voip/pstn/msn calls:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom