Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
All,

Every year, the OcUK forums celebrate Christmas by replacing the logo at the top with a Christmas pudding and giving the smilies festive hats.

With the upgrade of the forum software last year, it became clear that the pud was starting to show its age.

xmaspudHeaderTransparent.jpeg

We think it's time to replace the pud with a new Christmas logo and we're giving you the opportunity to design one. @fiveub at OcUK has very kindly offered to donate a Ducky keyboard of your choice from this list to the winner of the competition and of course, you get the satisfaction of seeing your logo at the top of the forums at Christmas each year.

So over to you.

Please submit your designs for a new OcUK forum Christmas logo.

It can be anything you like but it must be a transparent .png and must be a maximum of 474x118 pixels.

You can create something new, or you can update the existing logo, it's entirely up to you but make sure it works with all the available colour themes.

Multiple entries are allowed per person, you have to have at least 100 posts and you have to be in the UK (because of postage issues) to submit an entry.

The moderating team will create a shortlist and the final vote will be made by the membership via a poll.

You have up until 18:00 BST on Sunday the 22nd October to get your entry in, the mod team will then draw up the shortlist and voting will take place from the 30th October to the 6th November and the new logo will go live on the 1st December.

Associate
MONSTERS.

Though I feel if you're changing the pudding, is there an ocuk Christmas pud review? If not, there should be one. An OCUK pud review because you've decided to review the pud.
Just don't let 8pack overclock them - that won't end well.....

Soldato
I DONT LIKE CHANGE.
Me neither!

Kind of relevant - I find it depressing how few people like Christmas pudding the days. I teach chemistry, and students learn about how our model of the atom changed over time as new evidence was discovered. After jj Thompson discovered the electron, we had the "plum pudding" model. Christmas pudding is a plum pudding. I have to explain what it is every year, as when I check with my students only about 2 out of 30 eat it. For most its not even served in their house. I live in a fairly posh/white middle class town, so there is no real excuse for this rapid cultural shift. Unfortunately their parents are just raising them wrong.

Mince pies will be next.

Soldato
Me neither!

Kind of relevant - I find it depressing how few people like Christmas pudding the days. I teach chemistry, and students learn about how our model of the atom changed over time as new evidence was discovered. After jj Thompson discovered the electron, we had the "plum pudding" model. Christmas pudding is a plum pudding. I have to explain what it is every year, as when I check with my students only about 2 out of 30 eat it. For most its not even served in their house. I live in a fairly posh/white middle class town, so there is no real excuse for this rapid cultural shift. Unfortunately their parents are just raising them wrong.

Mince pies will be next.

My kids are 6 and soon to be 9 and they get Christmas pudding whether they like it or not!

Associate
Me neither!

Mince pies will be next.
Mince Pies are awful as well. lol

Soldato
474 x 118px is tiny in this day and age of high-res screens.

Can’t we at least @2x it?

Frankly, if the current pud was at a decent resolution, there would be no need to change it. It’s just looks old and tired because it’s a bit fuzzy/pixelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom