Christmas..nothing I want

Soldato
I'd second the not waking up thing, but qualify it with an addition:

Not waking up alone.

Would be kind of nice to have some intimate company for a change, I miss that familiarity of company where you can share the start of the day.

Any day really, but 'that time' of the year snaps things into focus somewhat. :(

Soldato
There are always things I want, but nothing that is affordable for "present money", therefore I never see the point in it really either. It's just a waste of time and money for the buyer. You end up getting vouchers and money to the small value of a tenner or twenty here or there, which you end up giving back to the same people when it's their birthday or xmas. Most people buy what they want these days when they want it. Rarely do you save buying something until xmas so that someone else can.

It's for kids. But funnily enough, for the first time in ...ever.....my son this xmas can't think of anything he wants and neither can we. He has everything he wants....which is a good thing I guess but....I can't not buy him something when his bro and sis get something....argh....bloomin xmas.

Permabanned
Short of silly fantasy things like $11m houses in LA, there's nothing in the realm of sensible affordability that I want. And the only thing I'd want to do with any house in LA, $11m or otherwise, is sell it. I sure don't want to live there.

Soldato
Short of silly fantasy things like $11m houses in LA, there's nothing in the realm of sensible affordability that I want. And the only thing I'd want to do with any house in LA, $11m or otherwise, is sell it. I sure don't want to live there.

So you just want $11m then :)

noj

noj

Associate
Christmas and my birthday end up with the same arguments from my family - I'm 39 now, have a good amount of disposable income and buy things for myself when I want to.

So I generally ask for vouchers - I can put them towards stuff.

but according to the family that not allowed - last year I was told I was spoiling Christmas because there wasn't anything I wanted!

Permabanned
So you just want $11m then :)
Like I said, nothing within the realms of "sensible affordability" that I want. Also, I don't want any house in LA, $11m "or otherwise". I can't stand the dump, and along with owning property comes the hassle of it, property taxes and so on. So the only thing I'd want to do with any house in LA, at any price, is get rid of it, making it not exactly a great present to receive.

Do I "want" $11m? I'm not sitting here hoping for it, no, but if someone's got it going spare and looking for a good home for it, I don't mind helping them out.

Man of Honour
These days there isn't anything I want or need as a present and the same goes for my wife. Not bothered about receiving but I do like giving and the best Christmas present is that everyone has got there.

Soldato
The last year or so I have bought quite a lot stuff willy nilly (mainly through boredom at work), and as well as furnishing the new house it has got me a bit into debt with credit cards, overdrafts etc. So I just want to finish clearing my debts (I'm about half way there), and start the new year debt free.

Underboss
I'm trying a different method this year, whenever I ask for something like a jumper, I get socks and pants.

This year I am going to ask for socks and pants in the hopes of getting a jumper.

Have a 2 week Holiday and our 10th anniversary plus the wifes 40th all in May so having a low cost Christmas for us, the kids however have bee spoilt.

daz

daz

Soldato
Once you get to a certain age there's really nothing you can get from anyone that you can't get for yourself if you really want it, and that's why you have to put thought in to what you buy people. A thoughtful present is worth substantially more to me than another voucher or a cheque or some cash; because it represents a) someone putting some effort in to what they're doing, i.e. the spirit of christmas and b) it's something that I hadn't even thought of to buy myself which I'll hopefully find enjoyable or interesting in some way.

Back
Top Bottom