CI+ Module and Card for Samsung TV?

Soldato
I have freesat on two LG TVs in the house - Decent array of channels, ordered nicely, easy to use etc.

I have just bought a Samsung TV with Freesat for another room and the tuner is God awful. Doesn't seem to pick up that many decent British channels - Lots of religious type and shopping channels, but apart from that is is really only BBC, ITV, C4, C5 and ITV2.

I scanned Astra when I set up the auto tune.

Now, lots of the channels request the addition of a CI+ module to the TV.

I have no idea about these and looking on line just gives me reams of different ones, all at different price points. I understand I would also need a car to put into it?

Any recommendations on the most cost effective way to get a full compliment of British Freesat channels, and preferably the HD ones too?

Ta

Soldato
OP
Aware of that lol - I have it on three other devices, hence the suprise to see how bad it was on the Samsung.

All scanned the Astra satellite, which I am pretty sure is the standard one for the UK?

Soldato
OP
The model is QE50Q60TAUXXU and listed as having Freesat.

I do remember on the tuning there was something about Samsung +, or something like that. So possible that despite tuning from Astra that it has done something odd.

I will have a look at the tuning menu again and see....

Soldato
OP
So I had another look back at the tuning options and it does indeed have a number of different options - Two of which both scan Astra, but one just Freesat and one everything it can find - Done a re-scan now and all is good. Thanks @lucid

Back
Top Bottom