Cinemas-Deafening! :(

Soldato
Had the same. At an Odeon. It's not always the case at that cinema so either the films set the volume in some way or the cinema staff vary it themselves. I didn't assume it was so loud because people are deaf these days (though that's possible - I simply hadn't considered it) but because people are so discourteous these days. Cinemas are trying to compensate for the people who now talk in cinemas and who for some reason they wont throwout. Cinemas are trying whatever they can to keep audiences coming in an age of TV, home cinemas and Netflix. They know that people talking in a cinema is one of the things that really, really puts a lot of people off and I think they try this as a solution. What they should do is have pro-active staff who will come over and silence talkers or eject them.

And if anyone is thinking the OP is just fussy, I'm in agreement. Cinemas have gotten louder and on a couple of instances it's abnormally excessive. I've had that a couple of times, now.

I just don't believe that this is true. People don't talk in the cinema much when the film is actually on, and if they do then you tell them to shut up, so they don't.

Soldato
OP
Not a good idea to stand by speakers at a concert!

Back in the late 70's at a Uni Disco, somebody stuck his head in a Bass Bin.

I kid you not, this was an ambulance job with blood pouring from his ears.

I dont know what happened to him eventually, but he never came back to the university!

:/

Soldato
You don't know how loud music can be I used to go to the first and second half in quadrant park and the wall of speakers was crazy.

It was so loud my friend nearly burst his ear drum as the stupid **** put is head in a bass bin like above.

Music vibrating the whole building with paint and sweat coming off the ceiling. Trust me it was loud ears ringing for days after, it was brutal.

That's loud and the old days of clubbing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom