Cisco: Native VLANs

Associate
Probably not a suitable place to ask, but thought I'd give it a shot!

Can anyone think of why when two ends of a link have a native vlan mismatch (halfway through changing the native vlan) the connection should drop? I would have thought only the management interface would go down but the entire switch loses it's connection in this case. I have already configured 400 switches this way until this one, whose configuration is not abnormal.

Any ideas?

Caporegime
Well yes, if your trunk at the other end isn't allowing the new vlan to communicate down that trunk, then you'll get no traffic, I think anyway.

Unless of course the trunk that you just changed includes a range of allowed vlans that are also allowed (but not native) on the other end of the trunk. In which case then your connectivity issues are bizzare.

Can you paste the config of the switch you can connect to? (or at least the relevant part of the config)

Associate
OP
I thought the Native VLAN only related to management, the access vlans used on the switch where allowed anyway so that shouldn't change. I'll paste the relevan lines of config tomorrow to give you a better idea but it fits in with your bizarre scenario :p

Back
Top Bottom