CISSP Certification Training Course - $29

Soldato
doesn't state any prior knowledge although it does appear to be a decent in-depth qualification, just don't know whether to risk this course or not.

You need five years of professional experience working in the computer security field before you can register to take the CISSP exam. I'd take the exam myself, but I lack the professional expertise. On the other hand, reading the study guide and doing the practice exams can't hurt. It never hurts to be more knowledgeable on a subject.

Soldato
Unless it's changed since I sat it then you don't need the experience to sit the exam but until you meet the other criteria then you won't be able to get certified. In the meantime you hold Associate status indicating you've passed the exam but haven't got the required experience to be a full CISSP. It's a pretty well respected qualification although not as rare as it was 10-15 years ago.

I studied exclusively from the Shon Harris book which is still available in newer editions, the exam wasn't actually too bad, if you meet the other criteria then you ought to be familiar with a decent amount of the content so it's just a case of filling gaps and cramming up on some of the more obscure bits of knowledge (encryption algorithms, etc).

$29 seems cheap enough to make it worth a punt but be aware that the CISSP exam was updated only recently, I doubt it changed much but worth checking.

The exam is expensive by the way - $700USD last time I looked so might be worth asking your work to help out with the costs.

Back
Top Bottom