Cities: Skylines free on Epic Games Store

Caporegime
been playing this most of the day today

its not easy is it !
all of a sudden i start loosing money !! :(

i got to about the 3rd achievement, so i can build canals and such which i havent a clue what to do

Wait till you start modding. The game is unbelievably complex if you want it to be! :)

Associate
I downloaded this as well as Railway Empire that was also free.

I've got to the stage in life where trying to learn something and put some effort in is a big hump for me. Don't laugh, you will get there soon...

Let's see if I can get over that hump, Skylines gets great reviews.

Metro2033 out tomorrow? Looking forward to that.

:D

Underboss
i got to about 4 milestones to go !
everyone just got sick and left me lol

i assume the water purifier need to be connected directly to the pump so if any contaminated water comes its way , it gets purified before pumping into the system again?

Caporegime
i got to about 4 milestones to go !
everyone just got sick and left me lol

i assume the water purifier need to be connected directly to the pump so if any contaminated water comes its way , it gets purified before pumping into the system again?

Been a whole since I played vanilla. But you use the pump in and the sewer in different places. Pump up stream, and sewer anywhere. Use the waste/water direction tab, to see the best places to put it.

Soldato
been playing this most of the day today

its not easy is it !
all of a sudden i start loosing money !! :(

i got to about the 3rd achievement, so i can build canals and such which i havent a clue what to do

Maybe watch some videos on Youtube to get an idea ?

I like watching Imperial Jedi for Cities Skylines content. He has some tutorial content as well as full city builds.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpxQFI0YWBLnBUVVsfi5ePw

Underboss
went to play this again , and it says 'conflicting saves"
so asked it to upload the newer one as i got it gong really well and stayed up all night to get to the next milestone so i could save it and it says file size too big

any ideas?

Caporegime
So I started playing this (always on my radar as I loved Sim City 4 but never jumped in due to the costs of the DLC etc) but all this talk of modding it and it not being able to run on my PC anymore confuses me, what sort of mods should I get/avoid so it doesn't break my game? I have an i5-4690K with 16GB RAM and 980Ti for reference.

I am just literally starting out learning the game so not really looking for anything to make it even more overwhelming, but it would be nice to know if I'll eventually spec myself out of the game if I build some huge map.

Should I just stick with some of the DLC's for the game to start out with? I take it they can't break the game?

Last edited:
Soldato
So I started playing this (always on my radar as I loved Sim City 4 but never jumped in due to the costs of the DLC etc) but all this talk of modding it and it not being able to run on my PC anymore confuses me, what sort of mods should I get/avoid so it doesn't break my game? I have an i5-4690K with 16GB RAM and 980Ti for reference.

I am just literally starting out learning the game so not really looking for anything to make it even more overwhelming, but it would be nice to know if I'll eventually spec myself out of the game if I build some huge map.

Should I just stick with some of the DLC's for the game to start out with? I take it they can't break the game?

Best advice is to play vanilla a little while until your ok with the base game.

Then look at some YouTube videos, strictoaster, fluxtrance, king Leno, you will probably be a bit overwhelmed to start with, bit it'll show you what you can actually do with the game.

Then start installing mods but go a few at a time and learn what each one does and build it up, it'll also help if you end up with any conflicts, mods or also quite a personal thing, but looking through my now quite outdated list, some good ones are:

Building Anarchy
Cloud and Fog toggler
Control Bulding level up
decal prop fix
Dynamic REsolutions
Extra LAndscaping Tools
Fine Road Anarchy
More Beautifcation (this is a must really)
Move it
Nework Extensions 2
Network Skins
Network Tiling
No radiactive desert
No seaguls
Painter
Pedestrian Crossings
Ploppable RICO
Prop and Tree Anarchy
Prop line tool
Prop Precision
Prop Snapping
Quay Anarchy
RAndom Tree Roation
Road Anarchy
Surface Painter
Tree Snapping
Unlimited Soil
Zoning Toolset

That is a complete list but some of the others I have are more personal mods for graphics etc.

Caporegime
Cool thanks. Yeah I decided to stick with the base game and play and learn it before jumping onto DLC and then obviously look at mods.

I’m guessing there’s hours of fun ahead of learning everything and all the systems at play, now I’m old I want a leisurely paced game :D

Back
Top Bottom