Classic arcade franchises

Soldato
Has anyone heard on the grapevine of any plans for classic arcade franchises to be launched into the VR stratosphere? House of the Dead, Time Crisis, all of the moto/jet ski racers etc. They strike me as being perfect for VR with all the movement done by cut scenes or pre-destined. Time Crisis would be awesome with VR ducking rather than the pedal.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone heard on the grapevine of any plans for classic arcade franchises to be launched into the VR stratosphere? House of the Dead, Time Crisis, all of the moto/jet ski racers etc. They strike be as being perfect for VR with all the movement done by cut scenes or pre-destined. Time Crisis would be awesome with VR ducking rather than the pedal.
Me and my friend at work were discussing this just the other day. I have doubts that this will come to pass though. Both house of the dead and time crisis have been pretty much dead in the water for a while. Unless the reason we haven't had any new games is because both sega and Namco are working on VR versions of both (I can dream)

Soldato
The best it gets atm is the Neon Retro Arcade. Sega might be willing to drop in to the VR sphere, they made noises about it last year, and if Rez gets decent traction, who knows.

Here and now if your looking for a kick, have a look at Operation Warcade, does op wolf perfectly and some. Lethal VR is a throwback to point blank/lethal enforcers. Moto/ski there's a great game called Aqua Moto Racing Utopia, I was pestering the developer to add VR support. He says he has a playable build of it, just wish he'd go with it.

Back
Top Bottom