Cleaning a cpu warm or cold?

n3x

n3x

Associate
My temps have been running abit high for my liking and i think its due to me having abit of a mare and hashing up the installation of my arctic freezer so, i got my tube of arctic silver through the post today and my question is this...

Should i leave the pc off for a while so the cpu can cool down before cleaning the old goop off and putting the as5 on? or should i do it while its still abit warm? :confused:

oh and would it be ok to clean the cpu/heatsink with some wet antistatic wipes ive got?

Soldato
TBH I doubt it would make much difference wether the cpu is warm or cold. As for the screnwhipes are they pure alcohol wipes? Often screenwhipes contain other chemicals so arn't the best thing to clean cpus with. Personally I use medical whipes.

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
thanks for the reply!

Well they have no "ingredients" label on them, all it really does says is... "cleans all plastic, metal, glass surfaces including televisions and computer screens, printers, keyboards, telephones and office equipment."

Man of Honour
the wipes will probably be fine although i would recommend finding something like messiah khan says that only contain alcohol, and unless your cleaning off a tim pad it makes no difference weather the cpu is cold or warm

Back
Top Bottom