Cleaning car upholstery?

Soldato
Can anyone recommend decent methods/products of cleaning car upholstery?
Don't think I've ever done it, and I want a clean smelling car again!

Soldato
Best way is an extractor or a wet-vac...rent a RugDoctor and go to town. Or if you can buy a stiff brush, some MF towels and an interior cleaner (any APC such as Megs APC or Autosmart G101 works well, I also really rather like Halfrods own-brand interior cleaner), but buy the time you add those up its about the same cost as a RugDoctor rental and that will give you much better results in much less time.

Associate
Autoglym Interior shampoo, a packet of microfibers clothes and some elbow grease. I managed to remove a ton of stains from my Mazda when I bought it. Just be prepared to take your time, most of the dirt and stains are in the top layer of fabric not the foam padding. Spray on the cleaner and gently agitate it but not so much it pushes the dirt down into the cushion, leave it for a few min before lifting with the microfibre cloth.

Soldato
Use a foam spray can, was using 'Able auto brand ' but Armor All Carpet and Seat Foaming Cleaner, or Halfords Upholstery Cleaner,
work in with a toothrbush and after a while use a damp cloth, works on trim too
[great for cleaning greasy keyboards too with a q-tip]

Soldato
Autobrite Fab is fantastic and all I use.

Comes in a concentrate bottle and you decant it in to another bottle so it last ages. Really good product used by a lot of detailers.

Back
Top Bottom