Clear acrylic case - retro build?

Soldato
Same here.. I seem to remember I had nightmares about that episode with the transporter malfunction or some issue like that.. :o

Servalan was the 70/80s version of Morena Baccarin... Mmmmmmm

Soldato
The hilarity of people seeing this case as equally horrendous and beautiful piece of retro case work, but Parvum charge ridiculous prices for essentially an identical thing in 2018.

I say play to the strengths of the case: clear acrylic is 97% light transmission, so fill it with lights! UV cold cathodes, mismatched watercooling parts (bare copper if you can) and ridiculous spiral wrap for cable management.

Make acrylic retro again.

Soldato
OP
The hilarity of people seeing this case as equally horrendous and beautiful piece of retro case work, but Parvum charge ridiculous prices for essentially an identical thing in 2018.

I say play to the strengths of the case: clear acrylic is 97% light transmission, so fill it with lights! UV cold cathodes, mismatched watercooling parts (bare copper if you can) and ridiculous spiral wrap for cable management.

Make acrylic retro again.
Spiral wrap (ideally UV colours) is a good call... Also, chrome painted radiators? If it's not lighting up or clear, it should be reflective right?!

Last edited:
Associate
Love it :). Oh gosh, cold cathodes now that brings back memories. Look forward to seeing what you end up putting in the case.

I'm pretty sure that I had something similar back in the day, but it ended up being in the throw out pile during a house move....

Back
Top Bottom