clear Vista start menu?

Xee

Xee

Associate
Was at work today, and a mate had a new Sony Laptop with Vista running on it. I noticed that his start menu was almost clear, where as all screenshots I can of Vista show a dark grey transparent start menu?

Does anyone know how to change it?

Xee

Xee

Associate
OP
1) Well I only noticed when i got back home.
2) He has not changed anything on his laptop. (Its as new)
3) He is not PC savy at all
4) I have been to "Right click desktop, click personalize then choose Window And Colour Appearence" and there is no options to get it the same as his laptop.

I shall try and get him to take a screenshot ;)

Soldato
Was just trying to get it like your mates when I accidently ended up with my hard drives etc along the top of my screen...

Also managed to put all my document folders along the side.

Soldato
Mint_Sauce said:
Was just trying to get it like your mates when I accidently ended up with my hard drives etc along the top of my screen...

Also managed to put all my document folders along the side.

How did you manage that then?

Create a short cut on the desktop and drag it up to the edge of the screen.

look what i did :D

ocuk1rm2.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Dunno why this place is full of cars, what is it about u lot, cars for sigs and desktops, is it cos u r all dreamers or do u all own these things?

Anyway I cant wait to see this clear desktop cos I cant find it, although while looking I found the 'pin to start menu' which i thought was useful.

Caporegime
are we by chance refering to the start menu list of recently openned programmes when you click on start

or a way of tidying up the "all programmes" menu

if its the former

right click on the task bar, properties, then under the 2nd tab from the left, untick the box that says "remember a list of recently openned programmes"

now when you click start, you have an empty start menu.

Associate
Felix the bin : you are a genius, you found by mistake the answer to a question I asked a couple of days ago, on how to dock your vista toolbars on to the side of the screen . Give that man a ? (chocolate bar of his choice)

turbotoes

Back
Top Bottom