Cloaking device could be a reality

Associate
...at least according these guys:

The cloaking devices that are used to render spacecraft invisible in Star Trek might just work in reality, two mathematicians have claimed. They have outlined their concept in a research paper published in one of the UK Royal Society's scientific journals.

Nicolae Nicorovici and Graeme Milton propose that placing certain objects close to a material called a superlens could make them appear to vanish.

Read the rest here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4968338.stm

Can't wait till it's available in a spray can.

As an after thought, what would you use it for if it was?

Soldato
someone made some clothes that took a image of what is behind you and projected it on the front a few years back, only worked in greens tho, forget where/who, maybe someone who cares could google for it.

Permabanned
Phnom_Penh said:
No, I mean the fact that it's totally irrelevant :p.

Hehe :D.

Nah as people who make the connection and find it easier to grasp. Same concept behind it, cloaking objects etc. Just obviously different technology.

Sounds interesting though.

Soldato
Complete rubbish.
Some bored researchers doing very long & complex maths, thats so long, and so complex, that no-one can either understand or be bothered to, to check it.

Its daft. I could draw 6 lines on a piece of paper and say that its a graphical formula for creating a drink that could cure anything. No-one else understands it but me, no-one could refute the claims.

Thats all they've done. Made claims about something.

Back
Top Bottom