• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Clocking a 4000+

Soldato
anyone done this? and if so - what reults were you getting? im considering doing it until i go dual core - im hoping to increase pretty dramatically from 2.4 mhz.

Any thoughts on this or tips perhaps?

cheers

Associate
Hi, I've got a 4000+ Sandy which is currently running at 3Ghz stable.
Although I've got a x2 4400+ arriving v.soon to replace it.

Caporegime
fastwunz said:
anyone done this? and if so - what reults were you getting? im considering doing it until i go dual core - im hoping to increase pretty dramatically from 2.4 mhz.

Any thoughts on this or tips perhaps?

cheers

I got mine at 250x12 using the ram divider at 5/6 (or 166) and my HTT at x4.

All stock volts :)

Associate
mine went up to 3Ghz no problem but wouldn't go any higher no matter what voltage was used. Now got an X2 4400+ at 3Ghz, i didn't expect it to clock as high as the single core chip but there you go.

Associate
Hi svbooga,

Is that a recent x2 4400 you've got clocked to 3 ghz ?
Did you leave it on x11 on take it down to x10 ?
What sort of temps are you running at ?

Cheers.

Associate
Mine does 3009mhz max overclock after loads of tweaking and yet it does 2980mhz at stock volts with HTT at auto and air-cooling (low fan speed funnily enough). I have an Abit AN8 Ultra (who said these boards suck for OCing?) and some generic 3200 speed RAM.

Man of Honour
krooton said:
What stepping?

KAB1E is where it was at, my A8N-E has no problems :)

KAB2E i think it was and my motherboard was an Abit AN8-32X Sli. An overclock is by no means guaranteed. It all depends on the stepping, motherboard and other components. It's all very well saying that others hit 3ghz+ but the fact is that not all of them do.

Man of Honour
I have a 4600+ on 2.5GHz as opposed to 2.4GHz using AI booster. I have tried to let the software fiddle with the voltages etc and have tried changing them manually, but nothing will allow me to get higher than 208x12 as opposed to 200x12. I really am doing something wrong aren't I lol... :(

My board is an Asus M2N-E though, which might be the problem..

Back
Top Bottom