Club Membership/Season Pass/ ?Twitter for tickets

Soldato
I've always had a mild interest in football but never really followed it religiously. Over the past few years my love for it has grown - funnily through playing FPL with my mates (I'm doing awfully this year didn't captain Aguero or Sanchez).

I've now got a more regular job therefore free weekends and rather than watch games on the TV I'd rather be there but have no idea how the memberships work and what is a more sensible option.

I've missed the boat on the season pass - which I understand gives you approx 20 games?

Do I join as a member and buy tickets adhoc ?approx £40 I imagine. How much of a chance do you get with bigger games? It is worth me joining this late? How many tickets can I apply for for each game?

Someone told me to not bother as its not worth it and to buy off twitter though how reliable is this really? And surely you'd be paying extortionate amounts?

I'm an Arsenel Supporter

TLDR: just got interested in footy best way of buying tickets?

Would appreciate some guidance!

Last edited:
Soldato
Arsenal home tickets are about £90 a game with a season ticket at about £2000. My understanding is this gives you all home league games and a selection of cup games, with first option to purchase further home games.

Soldato
OP
Arsenal home tickets are about £90 a game with a season ticket at about £2000. My understanding is this gives you all home league games and a selection of cup games, with first option to purchase further home games.

OK thanks
If I join as a red member how many tickets can I apply for?

Associate
OK thanks
If I join as a red member how many tickets can I apply for?

Just one ticket per red membership.

Renewals are at the beginning of every season.

The reason people use Twitter to purchase a ticket or two is that when you factor in the extra for the red membership than it can cost more directly from Arsenal. Some People on Twitter sell at face value for most games especially away games.

The reason for this is that they might be on the away scheme meaning that they have to purchase a ticket for every away match regardless if they want to attend, by being in this scheme they have priority to attend cup final matches etc.

Obviously if you intend to go as many times as you can in a season then it's not too bad.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Soldato
Arsenal's website should have all of the details you're looking for. I would assume that it's going to be difficult to get a ticket to a big game even if you are a member. European and cup games should be a lot easier.

Soldato
You're going to struggle for an Arsenal season ticket, waiting lists go back years and years. Best bet are going to their games is their League Cup/FA Cup games, generally you can get one without issue.

Best club you've a chance for Premier League games in London would be West Ham

Man of Honour
^^Worth noting that there are occasionally some fixtures where you can get more than one ticket as a red member, these are typically games with a much lower demand that might go on general sale anyway (e.g. league cup vs the Dog & Duck).

For big (league) games as a Red member you are still guarenteed a chance at a seat although obviously it is much harder and you need to be jumping on it as soon as they are on sale. Also worth checking ticket exchange periodically as season ticket holders will release their tickets there adhoc if they can't go. I've got tickets for Chelsea and Bayern before just by checking on the off-chance having missed out initially.

Associate
People on twitter who are genuine proper Arsenal fans wouldn't rip you off. Im a villa fan (easy for home games, tricky for away) and people sell away tickets at face value all the time.
Just judge the profile etc and meet up with them somewhere, done it several times and never had an issue.

Back
Top Bottom