Clueless How to Print From HP Envy 5000

Associate
This will read like a person clueless that is to basic technology. But, l am having a lot of trouble trying to work the printer out.
l got a computer technician in to set it all up and connected with my anti virus etc and all is fine"So Far", and it does work. But, l have no idea how to print a article from the computer and then send it to the printer. What l did was ,l turned the article blue, then clicked on print, and the page comes up to finalize the printing procedure. l click on print and nothing happens. lt does not print. Can someone help me to where l am going wrong.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your replies. l found out what the problem was and now sorted it. Apparently, it was my previous "Antivirus" {AVG} that was stopping it. And the support l got from the "HP" support team was second to none. They deleted all the stuff on my computer, cleaned it, and put in a new Antivirus in{Mc afee} which now works.
lt is a wireless printer, and all is well now. Thanks, guy's for your positive replies

Associate
Sorry.. HP support uninstalled your existing antivirus and replaced it with another to solve a printer communication issue?
In what twisted world is that acceptable behaviour unless they a) supplied the PC and the antivirus software or b) had a contract to support the entire PC and not just the printer!?

Associate
OP
They had to uninstall my previous virus because AVG was stopping it. So, they helped me by taking over my computer to do what is needed to get the printer working"Mcafee" was the best choice, which l accepted. OK, l know it was a big risk to take. But, HP is a well know recognized company with a good reputation. And l had no choice but to let them take control of my computer to get the work done. And the end result is. Everything is done professionally and completed to the standard l expect from a good company. "Mobster" l did not word it properly. What l should have typed was...They only deleted what was needed and installed the anti-virus what can accept the printer. So far, the printer is working perfectly. lf you want to go to this link and see for yourself, please do. www.hp.com/support/envy5000

Associate
My sofa didnt fit thru my door, so the helpful man with the van from took my door off and replaced it with a different one.
I can now enjoy my sofa, here's the link... sofasogood.

You're right, HP is a well known company, with a reputation. One which hasnt been great in recent years hence their split into HPE for business, and HP for home users. They even bought Samsung's printer manufacturing arm because their own offerings weren't that great and needed a cash injection from Samsung over the next few years. Knowing how support for consumer devices is generally pushed out to the lowest common denominator, I guess I'm not surprised if some enterprising support dude [or dudette] remoted into your machine, uninstalled your existing protection, downloaded a different one and installed it. Or it could be a bad actor who has now installed a trojan on your machine while also fixing your printing issue. Either way I hope you kept a record of these operations in case the worst happens.

We'll probably never know though.
Enjoy your printer.

Back
Top Bottom