Co op games

Associate
Any recommendations on co op pc games for me and the wife were playing through valheim at moment but need something to break it up a bit we both like building games she can't play satisfactory as it gives her motion sickness

Tar muchly

Soldato
Could try the following

Minecraft
Lego Games (I have played them all with my son except the Harry Potter ones and they are great fun)
Left 4 Dead 1/2
The Ascent (not played this but meant to be good)
Stardew Valley
Terraria
Path of Exile\Diablo 3
Borderlands 1/2/3
Portal 1/2
Lego Worlds
City Skylines

It all depends on what type of games you like to play.

Associate
Vermintide 2 is fun for its low cost when on sale. Wouldn't pick it up for for more than £8 though, just doesn't have the replayability. But it's a good at just being able to jump in and slash some rats for an hour without having to learn anything. So might be a good one for when you're both looking to kill some time/ have a break from thinking.

Halo 3 or Reach is £7 on Steam, you can play it as serious or silly as you like. Not sure on the current state of Forge, but if the fileshare works there's bound to be lots of zombie/platform/bridge/race games you can mess about with. Campaign is straight forward and differs on difficulty. There's Firefight which is a survival horde game type too.

The new Quake 1 remaster has co-op. Haven't tried it myself yet sadly. Again, just another jump in and play type game, easy and straight forward. Though probably not what you're after.

Soldato
Don't forget the wonderful trine series.

It all depends what you want.

Deep rock galactic is fun, Warframe is fun (and free) games like satelight reign , division 2 or ghost recon Wildlands / breakpoint , farcry 5 , vanhelsing, torchlight 2, titan quest, there are tons. It all depends on what genre you want

Last edited:
Associate
Any recommendations on co op pc games for me and the wife were playing through valheim at moment but need something to break it up a bit we both like building games she can't play satisfactory as it gives her motion sickness

Tar muchly
Have you tried altering the FoV on Satisfactory?

Games I'd suggest
Factorio - similar to Satisfactory in concept, but different enough that, IMO, you can play both and not get bored.
Anno - 1404, 2070, 1800 all have co-op. Don't think 2205 does, I've not really played 1800 but have heard good things. My choice would be between 2070 and 1800.
Stardew Valley - I'm currently playing this with the extended mod and am enjoying it.
Space Engineers - Some people do enjoy this a lot, I'm torn between liking it and hating it. So YMMV, have a look at some videos first!
Don't Starve Together - not strictly a building game, but there is building in it!
Project Zomboid - there's a patch coming that's, IIRC, adds a fair bit of stuff and changes others. Unfortunately said patch is currently not multiplayer enabled. Mentioned because it might be worth keeping an eye on.
My Time at Sandrock - not out yet, again mentioned as one too keep an eye on.
Pulsar: Lost Colony - was linked this the other day and it looked interesting to me
OpenTTD

Apart from that
For the King
Borderlands (all of them, less so The Pre Sequel though as that was 'ok' imo)
Deep Rock Galactic
Dungeon Defenders (AFAIK #1 is still the best, 2 was meh, 3 i think wasn't well received at launch but that may have changed)
Payday 2 - can go loud and shoot stuff, or stealth and sneak. Some missions are specifically one or the other.
Grim Dawn
Vermintide 2
Gears or War - I know a couple who enjoy the gears series, partly due to the ability to set different difficulty setting for each player. I assume the more recent ones still do this!

Man of Honour
Any recommendations on co op pc games for me and the wife were playing through valheim at moment but need something to break it up a bit we both like building games she can't play satisfactory as it is so addictive that it consumes your very existence and soul, sucking every fibre of your body in like the deepest of black holes.

Fixed.

It takes two I found extremely disappointing. Not enough team work as I had hoped. Very little risk, very little thought required to solve the tiny puzzles they had. Was mostly just doing the obvious and it was clear blue player goes to blue button. Green player goes to green.

If you like valheim have you thought about trying ark? Was much more fun for me than valheim

Associate
Broforce!! It's the best co op game ever. My boys are playing it together now atm :)

We have been playing other ones, it takes two being the most recent but Broforce is the best imo.

Caporegime
Ha, Overcooked 2 is a great couch co-op game for husband and wife...if you like blazing rows!

"Why did you set your station on fire?"
"Hurry up and pass me the pasta!"
"Where are my clean plates?!"

Soldato
Another massive vote for the overcooked games. Wife and I are on are 4th playthrough on 2 and have completed the first game 3 times I think + all the DLC packs

Such great fun and can be a real challenge

Back
Top Bottom