Cod 4

Soldato
Evening all,

Recently I'm getting a bit bored of CSS and TF2, and want a new game.

Would you reccomend Cod 4? Is the online fun, and does it stay fun?

Don't really want to get it if the online play just becomes boring. Not too bothered about the single player, more concerned about the online.

So opinions please, or if you have another fun FPS for online play, let me know

Cheers :)

the player movement/control is a real step backwards imo, it feels like your running in quicksand. you run slow and jumping can be awkward.

i enjoy the middleeast maps

ive found myslef going back to CSS/TF2 though

PC fps gamers really need a new title

Soldato
Got hooked for quite a while (November till about feb) then went back to TF2 :D

Good multilayer though but does get a bit boring after a while-I prefer COD2 multilayer though can;t beat toujane rifles only :p

Associate
I've been playing it since it came out, with the odd break here and there, and i'm still enjoying it. I don't think it's as good (gameplay) as BF2142, but it's addictive enough that i haven't gone back!?! :D

Associate
RTCW pacthed up to 1.4/1.41 come join the fun (while it lasts) :p

You still Panzawh*ring on Pappa's Tram? :D

Can't believe people are still playing RTCW, great FPS though. Will have to dig it out for a bash soon.

On topic, COD 4 MP is excellent- great fun going up the rankings, doing the challenges (though some can be a chore). Decent selection of gametypes will keep you busy for a while. The maps have started to get a bit boring now I've been rank 55 for a while, but there's a map pack on its way soon with 4 new maps.

Definitely recommend it.

Permabanned
I love cod4! Mp is very good if your on a good server, sp was AMAZING, the only sp game I've bothered to complete without cheats lmao. Normally i use cheats because im getting bored of a level etc, but i just wanted to keep playing. Such a good game. I can see why some people might get bored of mp if they are playing it 24/7, but if you don't go crazy with it then it should remain an all-time favorite.

Associate
cod4 is great for scriming and stuff when team play is actually used, i generally play on our clans server and we're on ts so it's always a little more organised and great craic

Soldato
cod 4 is incredibly shallow and gets boring after a few rounds I'd steer clear if I were you.
Out of interest what games would you say that are similar but not shallow.
I really hope your not going to say CSS.

Personally I think COD4 is the best thing since sliced bread. Completely addicted to it. Runs great, looks great, fantastic single player. Awesome multiplayer.

Sometimes it can get annoying (like any game) if you can't find a server that you like. But playing with mates, whilst on teamspeak/vent is just another level of awesome.

As to teamwork....
In public servers the only choice in game is TF2....

COD4 when organised is so rewarding though.

Caporegime
yep it all depends what you want from the game.it isnt shallow if you play competitive games.publics are a bit boring though.still isnt a uo beater but it is best thing at moment or forseable future.

C64

C64

Soldato
Out of interest what games would you say that are similar but not shallow.
I really hope your not going to say CSS.

I don't play fps at the moment really apart from team fortress 2, I think it's time for a new battlefield game.
For me having owned cod4 a while glad I sold it just too arcadey for my taste, spray and hit fast became boring to me but each to their own.
Cs source is better though far more skill involved and I think that is my biggest problem with cod4 the aiming just feels xboxy, add to that the radar which totally ruins the point of a fps for me yes have a radar with you're teammates on by all means but not the enemy.
All I play these days are company of heroes and team fortress 2 cant wait for a new battlefield game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom